Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How long before it gets back to the husband when the whole village knows the wifes at it?

(58 Posts)
charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:34:43

Rough estimates please! Or gossipy storys to indulge...

lou33 Fri 13-Jul-07 17:37:31

oooh how big is the village?

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:38:51

hmm, big enough, but if I know, then the whole village must know.
About 35 streets big.

elesbellsrae Fri 13-Jul-07 17:39:33

as soon as he leaves the house if you live in my village the day we moved in a lady across the road came over to introduce herself. she told me about the affair the woman at no* was having with the woman from no* it cracks me up how they are around here.

muppetgirl Fri 13-Jul-07 17:39:54

is it you?

Spagblog Fri 13-Jul-07 17:39:56

What gossiping points available...shops? Pub?
I would say anywhere between 2 days and a month.

lulumama Fri 13-Jul-07 17:40:01

27 minutes

TheMuppetMuggle Fri 13-Jul-07 17:41:16

pretty quick i'm assuming

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:41:21

Its NOT me. I quite like a bloke, and it turns out hes at it with a married woman, and now I cast my mnd back I know who it is.
She has 2 kids same age as me.
Just wondered how long it will take for the shit to hit the fan.

Carmione Fri 13-Jul-07 17:42:22

I don't agree, the whole village is quite capable of knowing for months/years before the spouses find out.

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:42:42

shops pubs launderette antique shop bus stop recycling centre village dooos...

Carnoodleusfudge Fri 13-Jul-07 17:43:25

If you've just worked it out so has the rest of the village and soon someone is going to let something slip...keep us posted when it does!

Spagblog Fri 13-Jul-07 17:44:54

Oh in that case, it will take as long as a phonecall from you to her husband

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:44:58

I found out because he had a cofee with his new neighbour, and he confided in her but she works in THE most gossipy place in the village, went back, reported in and within the hour I knew.

Lucycat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:45:52

y'see oop north the local fishwife would have been round already and told said wifey. The women would have rallied round, packed his stuff, changed the locks for her and made her a good cup of tea - oh and then got chips n gravy from the chippy to keep her going.

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:47:33

The WIFES at it, not the Hubby, although she may be at it coz hes busy with someone else..
Id personally worry about being kneecapped myself.

Spagblog Fri 13-Jul-07 17:47:52

Come on make the anonymous phone call, you know you want to

lou33 Fri 13-Jul-07 17:49:14

when i come see you tomorrow, if we bump into her, can i say loudly "oh so THAT'S her"

can i can i?

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:49:24

Nah, 2 kids involved. Would rip thier lives apart.

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:50:21

You CAN...lol I would only recognise her with her kids in her motor...but YES, some pointing action and distasteful looks would be great;)

Lucycat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:51:54

ahh right - teach me to read threads properly

ok..... so oop north local hussey would have been round to offer a <ahem> shoulder to cry on to said hubby, bought him several pints down t'pub followed by chips n gravy in a tray then moved him into her flat over the kebab shop.

better scenario?

AuntyQuated Fri 13-Jul-07 17:52:45

depends on whethre or not one of them/both of them are local or not.

ime locals will cover for locals if the OH is an 'outsider'

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:53:18

Thats better, so does that mean the man and her live happily ever after in scorn of the rest of the village? Coz if thats the case where do I fit in? Whine..........

charliecat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:54:14

Local about 1 street away from each other him and her. Not sure about hubby.

Lucycat Fri 13-Jul-07 17:57:07

they live in scorn , and much raising of bosoms by les dawson type ladies, until the hussey discovers someone with 'money' has moved into t'manor house, then she leaves hubby and moves on.

eeee see who needs exams!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now