Talk

Advanced search

Anyone hear Miranda Hart on R2 this morning? Such fun!

(44 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 19:50:50

Did love listening to her but think I would actually rather just listen to the children squabble than listen to Chris Evans in the morning.

Who was the man she was presenting with?

bluesky Mon 03-Oct-11 19:51:47

Yes, who was the man? I even went on the radio website and couldn't find the answer! He sounded like a young Chris Tarrant at times.

Bunbaker Mon 03-Oct-11 19:52:01

I can't remember - no-one I had heard of. Did you sing along to Mama Mia then?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 19:54:28

Of course Bunbaker, didn't everyone? It's what I call a great song grin.

He did sound like a young Chris Tarrant, I thought that too.

Who is this mystery guy? <inadvertantly slips into Hong Kong Fooey speak>

ThePosieParker Mon 03-Oct-11 19:54:58

Nope, I will tomorrow.....although Chris Moyales has Will Farrell on....who I love dearly.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 19:57:15

Suppose you could always listen to the Will Farrell bit on the iplayer.....

slartybartfast Mon 03-Oct-11 19:59:14

he did sound like chris tarrant, another one who listened. although i prefer chris evans. still better than richard madeley or nothing!

they kept saying who it was, will find out tomorrow.
cheated and looked it up in Guide, jon Holmes.
i was going to say something holmes, honest gov.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 03-Oct-11 19:59:19

Oooh, is she doing it all week? I'm not sure I know where to find R2, but I would make the effort for Miranda.

MrsVoltar Mon 03-Oct-11 20:00:45

Must try to listen to this, Miranda is fab, such fun, indeed grin

slartybartfast Mon 03-Oct-11 20:01:02

i always go to 88.91

tis 88 to 91.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 20:05:14

Here he is Jon Holmes and there is a piccy here. Just make sure you don't google John Holmes by mistake, especially in the video section. That's all I'm saying grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 20:06:37

Think she is on all week. If you can't find R2 you could always try the iplayer Maud, that way you get Miranda and MN smile

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 03-Oct-11 20:10:33

Ah yes, the joys of the iPlayer. Or I could drive round the M25 - such fun - as one of the buttons on the car radio is pre-set to R2!

slartybartfast Mon 03-Oct-11 20:12:26

i dont really like their show as it makes me think it is the Holidays or something
hmm

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 20:15:15

Did you find all the singing a jollity a little too unsettling slarty?

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 03-Oct-11 20:16:45

Oh dear, I thought it was awful. Forced jollity and absolutely nothing natural about it. Had to switch back to R5. I was surprised as Chris Evans was off last week replaced by Richard Madeley (even worse) - is he having yet another of his holidays?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 03-Oct-11 20:32:09

Do I sense a little bit of TOG about you bibbity? grin

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 03-Oct-11 20:33:34

Unfortunately I don't know what TOG is!

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Mon 03-Oct-11 20:45:30

This morning was what I call a complete relief! No Richard Madeley!! Thank the radio gods for taking him away. He makes me want to stab myself in the ears or at least switch over to Crap Moyles

Sadly I only have a 20 minute drive to work, but I suppose there is iplayer.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 04-Oct-11 06:50:39

Richard Madeley has such rubbish taste in music too.

sphil Tue 04-Oct-11 07:43:47

I love Miranda on the TV but have been disappointed by the radio show so far. Her voice is a bit too intrusive first thing in the morning imo - and maybe its because much of her humour is visual? It just all seems a bit forced and theres not much rapport between her and John Holmes. Give me French and Saunders or Tennant and Tate any day.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 04-Oct-11 12:35:23

Am beginning to think I'm in a bit of a minority.....

sphil Tue 04-Oct-11 14:57:12

No, I really WANT to love her on the radio grin

ppeatfruit Thu 06-Oct-11 13:15:45

Yeah another fan of Miranda's here but i'm not sure about her on every morning especially with the John Holmes chap he didn't come over well i'm afraid, agree there's no chemistry between them,she'd be better on her own IMO I liked her on the bank holidays. I don't remember who she was with then.

TOGs forever grinjiltedjohns i don't reckon* bibbity* would thank you for calling her a TOG!!It means Terry's (Wogan) Old Geezers or Girls bibbity shock!!!

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 06-Oct-11 14:53:47

Oh yikes! No, I just love Chris Evans, pure and simple smile - I never used to listen to Wogan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now