Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have bamboo flooring?

(29 Posts)
ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 13:21:56

Just got some samples through today!

It looks good, it's very cheap...

Is there anything else i need to know? it's for a kitchen/diner/living type area.

Would you recommend it?

GrendelsMum Wed 28-Oct-09 13:53:36

Yes, we had it and it was great. Very hard wearing, very easy to lay.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 14:05:24

Thanks grendelsmum! Does it look the business?

Ladyem Wed 28-Oct-09 14:13:31

We have the compressed strand woven bamboo flooring like this and it is sooo hard wearing! Have had it down a year and have no marks or dents in it (and we have a toddler!!) Looks great, too! I'm really pleased with it.

Ladyem Wed 28-Oct-09 14:14:31

I even spilt nail varnish remover on it and didn't make a mark!! (Phew!!) grin

Elibean Wed 28-Oct-09 14:16:36

Yes, in both bathrooms and loved it - hard wearing, warm underfoot, pretty!

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 14:18:42

Wow am feeling a decision coming on! We were looking at wood, amtico etc but this looks great and is brilliant value!

The nail varnish remover comment is shock how amazing!

Bramshott Wed 28-Oct-09 14:18:45

We have it in the living room and I love it, but it scratches MUCH more easily than I thought it would. Maybe it's the slighly glossy finish ours has, but ours has a lot of small scratches on (has been down 4 years). We fitted it ourselves though and it was really easy to fit.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 14:19:10

And today I love exclamation marks!!!

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:23:04

We have this one and I love it.

We have it lounge/diner and hallway.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 14:31:45

Lilred that's the company we've been looking at! Also quite keen on the horizontal pattern, although craftily that isn't the style I got the samples for hmm

bramshott scratches sound not so good... would you have got something else if you'd known, or is it one of those slightly annoying but not the end of the world things?

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:31:54

We have quite a few scratches in the hallway from small stones etc being walked in, but I still love it and as the MIL say, "it all adds to the character".

One tip they did give me is to never used any bleach on it as the bamboo will suck it op from the ends and bleach from within.

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:33:26

I would still have got even if I'd known that it scratches slightly. We also have a HUGE scratch in the lounge, but that will be because I dragged a cofa accross it, rather than wait for DH to help me move it. blush

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:33:59

BTW, the company seemed good to me - good service and advice.

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:34:36

Where abouts are you? If local, you can come and look at my floor if you like.

Bramshott Wed 28-Oct-09 14:35:28

Hmm - not sure. It is a lovely colour, and unusual, but the oak flooring we now have in the dining room scratches much less (but may well have been more expensive). Sorry, that's not much help is it!!

Bramshott Wed 28-Oct-09 14:36:06

Can you try scratching your sample and see how easily it scratches?

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:36:59

One of these keeps it nice and dust free too.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 14:40:18

Blimey robomop looks cool.

I'm in London lilred smile

Will scratch at samples!

LilRedWG Wed 28-Oct-09 14:42:36

Ah, bit far from me then, I'm just south of Birmingham.

Ladyem Wed 28-Oct-09 14:49:03

Lilredwig - that's where we got ours from, too!! We have carbonised stranded, not compressed as I originally put. blush It's super-tough!! And it is solid, so if it does get a good gouging it can be sanded. I think various manufacturers must use different finishes as ours doesn't scratch easily at all, but we looked at some in B&Q with a high polished effect and I could see how that would scratch.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 16:09:00

lilred yes I'm keen, but maybe not that keen!!!

lukeysmummy Wed 28-Oct-09 18:06:18

we got ours from b&q the worst £200 we ever spent we had it in the hall it was marked the 1st tie something heavy came through the post we have had it down for 12 months and have just taken it up last week because it is so scratched we were so disspointed we wrote a letter to the company and they got someone from b&q to come and take a look didnt get anywhere with them though

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 19:33:45

Hmm mixed messages on the scratching front.

bramshott where was yours from?

Bramshott Wed 28-Oct-09 21:04:15

I tried to find that out ISNT, but I can't find a record - sorry! It wasn't B & Q though - it was somewhere online. It might however, be a satin finish rather than matt on ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now