Talk

Advanced search

pregnant, really? where did that come from?????

(49 Posts)
spots Fri 29-Jul-05 16:42:01

Just had positive test result !!! oh my god... I hadn't a clue... DD is 14 months and I only just stopped her evening bf a couple of nights ago. Thought I hadn't got my periods back because of that but somewhere along the line I obviously bloody CONCEIVED!! ! oh what a red herring. No symptoms at all, more fool me for not considering this as last time with DD I didn't realise till I was 7 weeks.

How pg am I then???

I haven't had a period since we got married 2 years ago!

(We were trying btw, this is mad discovery...DH not home yet...)

Want a drink.

Eeek!

marne Fri 29-Jul-05 16:46:22

Congratulations! Is it a good thing or bad? If you are not sure how far gone you are you will have to have a dating scan. Good luck telling dh!

Distel Fri 29-Jul-05 16:46:41

so is congratulations in order then?????????

You sound quite pleased

kama Fri 29-Jul-05 16:48:25

Message withdrawn

lulabelle Fri 29-Jul-05 16:50:09

Congratulations spots! I too would love to see the look on your DH face when you tell him, let us know!

PeachyClair Fri 29-Jul-05 17:05:38

7 weeks? My mother diodn't realise she was having my sister until she was 5 months gone, it was her eighth pregnancy!

Congratulations, but better make the drink a lemon squash!

Lucky old you eh? I am SO jealous!!

sweetkitty Fri 29-Jul-05 17:20:19

many congratulations, your stronger than me I phoned DP at work

Judd Fri 29-Jul-05 17:22:56

Blimey - you really are? That'll teach you to go having sex
Congratulations.....and please ignore everything I say about having 2 children! They have been very very nice, aujourd 'hui.

Libb Fri 29-Jul-05 17:34:52

Well done girl! I am really pleased for you xxx

KemalsStilletto Fri 29-Jul-05 17:49:28

well done spots!!!

helsy Fri 29-Jul-05 18:58:12

Fantastic news! Really pleased for you. Have you no idea how far pg you are?

GeorginaA Fri 29-Jul-05 19:12:04

Congratulations spots!

*bounces up and down a bit with excitement*

You will let us know the due date as soon as you've had your dating scan, won't you? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

Frizbe Fri 29-Jul-05 19:13:17

well done spots! dating scan it is then!

hunkermunker Fri 29-Jul-05 19:14:05

Congratulations, Spots!

womba1 Fri 29-Jul-05 19:15:05

Great news Spots... many congratulations!!!

spots Fri 29-Jul-05 19:24:01

oh thank you all so much, it is really good news... I thought it would take a couple of months at least, seems so unfair when I know peole who are trying so hard and not conceiving, or having to pay for it...

When DH got home he kissed me and kissed DD, and I pulled up my top and said 'are you going to kiss this one too? He kissed it without thinking what I meant and then did a MASSIVE double take!

Thank you so much for your congratulations.

early days of course, as my mum would say.

carly82 Fri 29-Jul-05 20:03:30

spots hi there im new at this, but i was reading this thread and just had to say congratulations i had my fifth mc in may, and you have given me hope

and a big hi to everyone else on here wishing you all luck

hewlettsdaughter Fri 29-Jul-05 20:41:02

Oooh spots! That's lovely news - congrats! Let us know when you know how far on you are (what made you do the test?)

Springchicken Fri 29-Jul-05 21:13:42

Congrats Spots, wonderful news

NickyJB Fri 29-Jul-05 22:08:36

Congratulations. Bet it feels wierd not knowing how far gone you are. When i went for my dating scan i was 16 weeks and 6 days. I had no idea i was pregnant until 12 weeks. The 4 weeks waiting for the dating scan seemed like forever. I was expecting to see a bean shape object not a full grown baby!!! very pleased for you.

Hulababy Fri 29-Jul-05 22:11:17

Congratulations!!!

spots Sat 30-Jul-05 08:32:09

HD, I just thought I ought to just in case! Got set of 3 clearblues expecting to be able to settle down with bottle of wine in front of Big Brother (DH away for weekend.)

Carly best of luck to you, I can't imagine how hard that must be

carly82 Sat 30-Jul-05 10:32:18

spots it can be really hard sometimes but im not ready to give up just yet my af due monday but as yet no pains only feeling v tired so maybe just maybe
morning to everyone else hope all are good and feeling positive

SusiS Sat 30-Jul-05 21:19:43

congrats spots!!!!!! and welcome to the club

hope the nasty signs of early pregnancy leave you alone

MrsDoolittle Sun 31-Jul-05 19:21:23

Congratulations spots!
Maybe you'll join us on the Due February thread.

It's great isn't it? A lovely comfortable feeling - I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now