Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby shower

(4 Posts)
user1489171349 Sun 19-Mar-17 00:34:56

What is your opinion on adult only baby showers? smile x

CocoLoco87 Sun 19-Mar-17 07:04:19

If you want a baby shower or if someone really wants to throw you one, then it's up to you. I had one for DC1 but I think there were a couple of babies there because they were ebf. That didn't bother me at all. I wouldn't have wanted lots of children running round though. I had a very relaxed afternoon tea type of thing at a friends house.
Is it your baby shower? Bit like a child-free wedding really - be prepared some people might not make it due to childcare issues.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-Mar-17 09:00:24

Most of mn seem to hate baby showers. They think tacky. Few threads on here about them

I think it's a lovely idea for first baby. Not for others. Friends threw me one - this bubs would have taken 11yrs ttc and 5 private ivf once born so a miracle baby

Was lovely and so nice to see my friends who celebrated wish me

Lemondrop09 Sun 19-Mar-17 10:20:59

Baby shower thread here that might interest you

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2866327-Baby-Showers

Personally I have no problem with them and think they can be a lovely chance to spend time with your favourite girl friends (I'm less interested in receiving gifts myself, but have no problem taking one to someone else's shower). If you want one, have it and enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now