Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone experience wierd dreams in early pregnancy?

(36 Posts)
Rachswift Tue 11-Feb-14 09:33:30

So I'm only 5-6weeks pregnant and since I've found out I've been having such wierd dreams, they seems so real!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Amo101 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:38:37

Yes - I've had them from 5 weeks in this pregnancy and had them from about 6 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter.

whiteblossom Tue 11-Feb-14 09:38:52

yup, I had a weird one the night before last, my DH thought it was very funny.

Barbsta Tue 11-Feb-14 09:46:47

I had a dream that I needed the toilet but when I went into a cubicle there was only a chicken and I spoon :s. I only got that one and I think my husband is now getting the weird dreams for me lol

GozerTheGozerian Tue 11-Feb-14 09:55:39

Yes, I'm 5 weeks at the moment and my sleep has been really disturbed in the last few days - vivid, weird dreams. Had this last time as well, so it doesn't help the general tiredness ...

SweetPea86 Tue 11-Feb-14 10:30:11

Yes in the first trimester I had very weird dreams one dream in particular was about some one I work with a guy who is just a friend and don't look at in any other way, well have a very graphic sex dream. Couldn't even look at him for about a week lol felt so guilty on my hubby too. What hormones do to you.

I asked this question at the time and lots of women had had weird dreams too smile hope you don't dream any thing that will make you uncomfortable at work lol was awful shudders

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 11-Feb-14 10:33:16

Oh yes some seriously odd dreams, including one where I was performing on stage with One Direction, I don't even particularly like One Direction!!

natwebb79 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:07:23

Yes, I was actually getting quite upset by some of the vivid dreams I had in early pregnancy. Some of them were really disturbing! Luckily at 16 weeks now they seem to have trailed off.

mel0dy Tue 11-Feb-14 13:12:56

I've had loads but had put it down to stopping drinking and smoking! Best one was being attacked by evil Muppets. Defeated them by starting a conga line-they can't resist!

Apart from silly ones like this, been seeing lots of characters from my past.

Chacha23 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:19:23

I didn't have particularly strange dreams in terms of contents, but they felt so real and vivid, it was freaking me out. It was a pretty intense experience.

HannahG315 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:21:56

Have had them the WHOLE way through.

Some weird, some scary, some just outright crazy

Got up in the middle of the night and went to sleep on the baby's floor.

Have had a massive go at OH for forgetting to put rosemary on the potatoes.

Dreamt I had the baby and left him under the stairs, then woke up crying because I couldn't find him...

Mercedes519 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:29:07

Me too. I think it's a combination of hormones and stress, especially for PFB as I didn't get them as bad with PSB. I dreamt I'd had the baby but it was the size of my hand (which wasn't a problem apparently) but then I put it in my pocket and lost it and had a massive panic.

Clear anxiety subtext there... but they were so vivid and real. It's weird what your body does to you!!

Pregnantberry Tue 11-Feb-14 15:19:08

I don't normally have vivid dreams, but I have been having weird ones lately. I had one where my DP lost the plot and bleached all of his hair white, then spent all of our money for the baby on four antique dining tables because he really liked them, and invited everyone over for a party to prove that we needed them all.

ChicaMomma Tue 11-Feb-14 17:02:17

I had a LOT of sexually lurid dreams in the first trimester- one particular bad (or good!!!) one where i had a long steamy session with Aiden Gillen, the actor- couldnt get it out of my head for days after, almost felt guilty. 22 weeks now and they seem to have settled down.. more's the pity grin

GruffalosWife Tue 11-Feb-14 17:15:58

I had horrid dreams when pregnant, used to regularly wake up crying as I wasn't sure if they were real or not. ��

Inglori0us Tue 11-Feb-14 17:36:19

Yup. 30 weeks and still having either stressful logistics problem solving dreams or highly inappropriate dreams.
Mostly about Benedict Cumberbatch.

Inglori0us Tue 11-Feb-14 17:36:53

Pre-pregnancy I didn't even fancy Benedict Cumberbatch.

IShallCallYouSquishy Tue 11-Feb-14 17:41:21

During my first pregnancy I had a sex dream about Keith Lemon. I'm still traumatised. I put it purely down to the hormones!

Sussex31 Tue 11-Feb-14 17:42:34

I woke up in absolute fits of laughter in the middle of the night, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard.

Whatever I was dreaming about must have been the funniest thing in the world. Shame I have no recollection what it was.

ChicaMomma Tue 11-Feb-14 17:49:50

Keith Lemon!!! OMG i think i'd be afraid to ever go to bed again!!!! grin

Inglori0us Tue 11-Feb-14 17:55:41

Squishy that's both hilarious and disturbing.

AmIatwat Tue 11-Feb-14 18:15:22

My sister dreamt she gave birth to a litter of poodles.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 11-Feb-14 21:33:17

I swapped the baby for a pair of miniature dachshunds last night! confused

ToffeeJungle Tue 11-Feb-14 21:38:45

Yes, this was my first pregnancy symptom!
I've dreamt all sorts of weird stuff, a lot of them sexual too.
I remember in my first pregnancy I had some very explicit and inappropriate dreams!!

AmIatwat Tue 11-Feb-14 21:39:24

Hope this won't out me. Dreamt my gynaecologist opened his white coat , whipped out his small flaccid pink willy and proceeded to ejaculate in a petri dish. Thing is I was having fertility treatment and my gynaecologist was a Nigerian and black as coal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now