Talk

Advanced search

Please help me with good ideas for 1st birthday presents - have 11 birthdays in 3 months!

(10 Posts)
GinGirl Tue 29-Jul-08 14:47:29

Whilst I love my NCT group and my postnatal group - knowing so many babies of such similar ages is presenting a slight problem now that we are coming up to a year!

What would you buy for 1yr olds if you had to buy 11 presents in 3 months, don't want to be mean but also don't want this to get ridiculously expensive!

Thank you!

singyswife Tue 29-Jul-08 14:50:03

If it is a group that you go to can you not all a] agree not to buy presents for each others kids but have the parent bring in goodies (fairy cakes etc] for a wee birthday treat Or b) Buy something that the whole group can use (a pice of equipment (trampoline etc) then every birthday child is getting to use it. I would not be buying presents for all the children at a group like this. Good luck,

LIZS Tue 29-Jul-08 14:50:17

Bulk buy some nice picture books from the Book People

littlelapin Tue 29-Jul-08 14:51:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

choccypig Tue 29-Jul-08 14:52:16

I'd buy 11 sets of stacking cups. Our group had a "maximum £5 spend" policy... but that was a few years ago. I'd also suggest joint birthday cards.. I'd have kept one card with ALL his little friends names on, but didn't keep lots of individual ones.

cmotdibbler Tue 29-Jul-08 14:52:29

I really wouldn't get into buying presents - they don't want anything at that age, and you are just buying things for the sake of it.

littlelapin Tue 29-Jul-08 14:52:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elkat Tue 29-Jul-08 21:32:51

Agree with LL. Can't you all agree to put some money into a pit and buy 1 really decent present rather than lots of tat little presents? I do that with my NCT group, and it is a much better system!

Elkat Tue 29-Jul-08 21:33:08

sorry, pot!

Onlyaphase Tue 29-Jul-08 21:39:12

If you do decide to get presents for each of the one year olds, I would recommend getting the books "Thats not my lion/fairy/penguin" etc - supermarkets do them for £4 each, they are nice to have and always used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now