Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have two boys followed by a girl?

(64 Posts)
ja9 Sun 08-May-05 22:14:52

I heard that if you have a boy first, and then a second boy, that you are unlikely to ever have a girl. Anyone else heard this? Can anyone prove it wrong?

LGJ Sun 08-May-05 22:15:47

My friend Trish can, 2 boys and then a beautiful girl.

Janh Sun 08-May-05 22:17:12

Yes - I know several familes with 2 or 3 boys followed by a girl. And vice versa. Some people will make up rules as they go along...

singyswife Sun 08-May-05 22:17:19

My mums friend has 2 boys and then had a girl. It can happen. I have two girls and would like a boy, does it work the other way around?

lou33 Sun 08-May-05 22:17:27

my sis had 2boys then 2 girls, and i did the opposite

jane313 Sun 08-May-05 22:17:42

yes a friend of mine has 2 older brothers.

stitch Sun 08-May-05 22:17:57

i have two boys then a girl
its the same chance everytime.

geogteach Sun 08-May-05 22:18:15

I think its 70+% you'll have a boy but friend just had girl after boy then twin boys so it can happen!

ja9 Sun 08-May-05 22:18:55

Great! I would LOVE a girl at some point. Only have 1 ds so far tho'. I couldnt think of anyone i knew who disproved the theory ... wouldnt like to think that if my next one was a boy that i was unlikely to have a girl ever.

Janh Sun 08-May-05 22:21:46

I have 2 girls and 2 boys, singyswife - so does lou33.

In fact I know lots of families with 4 children and they have all possible combinations, eg GBGB, BBBG, GGGB, GBGG, BBGG, GGBB, BGBG, BGGG, GBBB - have I run out or are there more? Anyway I could name all those if you asked me

singyswife Sun 08-May-05 22:27:21

Cheers. Have been saying if I could be guaranteed a boy I would have another one. Throwing another girl into my house would be madness. The two I have (aged 4 and 2) fight continually. Couldn't imagine having another one. However am not guaranteed so might not bother. Still up for discussion I think!! Thanks.

roisin Sun 08-May-05 22:31:10

I know several people with BBG.

Dh's mum had BBB, and from being tiny all three of them knew/know that had they been a girl she wouldn't have had any more

She now has three grandsons as well

hatsoff Sun 08-May-05 22:31:35

I am not sure but I think it is true that some couples cannot conceive girls - therefore if you have already had 2 boys it is statistically more likely that you are one of those couples (than if you'd had no children or only one boy). But I have no idea what the figures involved are and have some good friends who have just had a girl after two boys.

jamiesam Sun 08-May-05 22:36:15

If/when I ttc no. 3, I mean to get a book that a friend recommended - can't remember but it's something like 'how to determine the sex of your child' I think it's based on diet. Friend of friend swears by it - she said she naturally ate the food that would result in a boy, had two boys, read the book, made subtle changes to her diet and had a girl. Anyone else read or used I wonder?

Loobie Sun 08-May-05 22:40:48

me !! i have two boys at 9 and 7 and then my dd who is now 2 1/2

suedonim Sun 08-May-05 22:43:47

I've got BBGG!

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 22:45:53

No but I had 2 girls followed by a boy.

singyswife Sun 08-May-05 22:47:20

Nutcraker, it is possible then to have 2 girls then a boy. I was absolutely convinced that DD2 was a boy. Was not in the least dissapointed though but would like a boy for DH and just to have one. Would be nice to have some of each.

QueenEagle Sun 08-May-05 22:57:58

I had a girl followed by four boys.

A friend of dh was one of 6 boys in a row!

Gobbledigook Sun 08-May-05 22:58:54

I can't prove it wrong - I had a boy, then another, then another...and I LOVE it!!

Gobbledigook Sun 08-May-05 22:59:22

However, my friend has 2 boys then her 3rd was a girl.

I am the eldest of 3 and have 2 brothers.

Gobbledigook Sun 08-May-05 23:00:46

roisin - you mean she was just carrying on to try for a girl? I wouldn't swap any of my boys for 100 girls.

bubble99 Sun 08-May-05 23:20:22

I had two boys followed by boy twins. One of my twins died. I must admit that when I went into hospital to have the twins I was hoping that at least one of them would be a girl. After it all happened and one of them died I felt like crap for ever having thought that. We would like to try again for a closely aged sibling for my single twin and so many people who see me and the boys out and about ask me if I'm hoping for a girl next time. The way I feel now, I'd actually prefer to have another boy to give my little one the brother he should have had. Of course I'd be delighted with a girl, and no one will ever replace my darling Bo, but I feel I was meant to have four little boys around me.

Smurfgirl Sun 08-May-05 23:21:23

My nana had BBG and my auntie had BBBG

hunkermunker Sun 08-May-05 23:22:15

JanH - missed one - I know someone with BGBB!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: