Talk

Advanced search

Who on mn is living your life? I know who is living mine and I WANT IT BACK!

(67 Posts)
Tinker Sun 01-May-05 17:29:59

ggglimpopo (is that the right number of gs?) is living MY life. Rambling house near Bordeaux, French husband, loads of kids, bbqs with strange fish. That's my life, would you care to have your real one back?

So, who is living your life?

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 17:31:10

Don't know but could you please bump the fish thread, missed the end of it.

TIA

JoolsToo Sun 01-May-05 17:31:44

anyone who's living the life of Riley in Italy

WideWebWitch Sun 01-May-05 17:33:11

Pph, with her avenue of hornbeams and chickens and (whisper because it's so vulgar to mention it) her lovely cash

ggglimpopo Sun 01-May-05 18:19:15

Message withdrawn

tiptop Sun 01-May-05 18:30:53

ggglimpopo - I know everyone else will think I'm really dim, but what does your name stand for? I've tried saying it out loud as a recent post suggested, but I still don't get it. Please satisfy my curiosity!

Tinker Sun 01-May-05 18:44:04

And you've written a book

Blossomhill Sun 01-May-05 18:45:24

Senoraostrophe is living my life. I would love to live in Spain and have the view that she has from her balcony. It's not fair

ggglimpopo Sun 01-May-05 18:50:21

Message withdrawn

tiptop Sun 01-May-05 18:53:54

ggglimpopo - Thanks for telling me. It still doesn't mean anything, so I'll have to go and look it up!

Do you want us to give you a hand with the book? What are you stuck on?

JanH Sun 01-May-05 19:06:47

It's from Kipling I think, tiptop (I had to be told too!) The Limpopo is one of the borders between Zimbabwe (ex Rhodesia) and - er - some other African country.

WWW, agree, not just for those but for the pony - actually I would like to be pph's DD (owner of pony!)

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 19:12:52

Not because she's large, green and greasy then? That's a relief.

HRHDuchessofPeahead Sun 01-May-05 19:13:13

he he he

my life is particularly idyllic on a long sunny bank holiday weekend like this. 6 children running around, 2 spent almost all day digging for worms to feed to the chickens, the 18 mth old spent all day climbing all over the tractor shouting loudly for someone to drive him around the garden, dd groomed the pony to death, everyone slid down slides and playedd in the playhouse, dh and friend's dh played very energetic tennis, we had lunch outside (butterflied leg of lamb cooked on the bbq with suzywongs brownies and raspberries for pudding.... sigh. perfect

SoupDragon Sun 01-May-05 19:14:10

I've never liked you PPH.

emmatmg Sun 01-May-05 19:14:51

WWW, how honest and hilarious.

Not really sure about me. Think I'm quite happy in the here and now actually.

emmatmg Sun 01-May-05 19:16:20

Ok, so now I've read that PPh, maybe I would like to be you

tiptop Sun 01-May-05 19:29:10

Thanks, JanH.

JanH Sun 01-May-05 19:32:48

Don't like the sound of lamb, brownies and raspberries off the barbecue though.

JanH Sun 01-May-05 19:36:04

It's from The Elephant's Child in the Just-So Stories:

<<He went from Graham's Town to Kimberley, and from Kimberley to Khama's Country, and from Khama's Country he went east by north, eating melons all the time, till at last he came to the banks of the great grey-green, greasy Limpopo River, all set about with fever-trees, precisely as Kolokolo Bird had said.>>

gggl, you missed out a g! You should be gg-ggl!

snafu Sun 01-May-05 19:47:15

I think collision certainly nicked a large part of my life. Darn her and her Italian restaurant in Italy!!!

JanH Sun 01-May-05 19:51:34

But snafu, she is coming back, to live in Merseyside!!

(Southport rather than Toxteth admittedly , but still...)

misdee Sun 01-May-05 19:54:25

anyone want my life?

CountessDracula Sun 01-May-05 19:55:48

pph I hope you are having a kitchen supper sans staff tonight

snafu Sun 01-May-05 19:58:37

Yaaay! That makes me feel a lot better, Jan (sorry, collision)

bossykate Sun 01-May-05 19:59:03

teehee, www, but i agree! pph, how generous of you to go on sharing the details with us, because that just helps us picture it better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now