Talk

Advanced search

Can you beat my experience of the best customer service?

(42 Posts)
BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:34:46

Hi
We always hear tales of rubbish customer service but I received the best customer service ever!

I ordered goods from Viking Direct on Monday 6th Dec after 5.30pm and received them the next morning, so quick! I sent them a thank you email yesterday and I received a box of luxury shortbread this morning!

Good eh smile

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:35:21

Bumpety boo

PlumBumandBaublesMum Wed 08-Dec-10 17:37:30

How lovely

BTW I love shortbread
<<Boils kettle, gets teabags>>grin

nymphadora Wed 08-Dec-10 17:38:33

Woohoo, worth commenting then!

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:39:22

mmm they are SO delicious. Do you think they taste better because they are free? <shovels them into mouth>

Dexterrocks Wed 08-Dec-10 17:39:25

I will have to have a look at Viking Direct - what do they sell? Sounds fantastic!

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:40:45

nymphadora - yes especially because of the shit weather we've been having so delivery delays blah

bigchris Wed 08-Dec-10 17:41:14

Office stationery, lol

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:42:26

Stuff here

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:43:30

hey and salt for icy weather! Not just office stationery bigchris grin

Stinkyfeet Wed 08-Dec-10 17:43:55

We ordered a hob from Marks Electricals on Friday afternoon. They delivered it at 7.10 on Saturday morning.

They are based in Leicester, we are near Heathrow and delivery was free.

Great service!

conkertree Wed 08-Dec-10 17:44:26

Can I unashamedly nominate myself please? Customer ordered a hand sewn product from me for their wedding on Saturday, and it was finished on Sunday, but due to the weather in central Scotland which I'm sure you will be aware of, I was unable to get to the post office on Monday.

I instead did a five mile round trip on foot at minus 12 degrees to get to the post office on Tuesday as it was clear the car was going nowhere any time soon.

Just got to keep my fingers crossed that royal mail deliveries and collections have started again so that it actually arrives now!

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:44:39

Bigchris AND
Custom Print Shop
Flowers & Bouquets
Gifts & Gadgets
ICE London Elegant Gifts
Wines & Spirits
Winter Supplies

Dexterrocks Wed 08-Dec-10 17:45:17

Hmmm! So I can't do my Christmas shopping there then...

bulby Wed 08-Dec-10 17:45:43

I ordered a camera bag from jessops a couple of years ago after 8 pm and it was here next morning. Can only think someone binges it in their car and drove it up

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:46:19

conkertree what sort of shortbead you looking forgrin

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 17:48:08

Dexterrocks Christmas shopping you say.....Nice ream of paper? bottle of fancy wine? Bag of salt?

conkertree Wed 08-Dec-10 17:48:39

Ooh chocolate chip definitely smile

Dexterrocks Wed 08-Dec-10 17:50:20

Actually my 6 year old ds would love a whole ream of paper and we could definitely use some salt right now!

Iwasthefourthwiseman Wed 08-Dec-10 18:02:02

I emailed Boots to compliment a lovely member of staff and they sent me a tin of make up brushes smile

BackInTheRoom Wed 08-Dec-10 20:53:35

Anyone else? There has to be surely?[fbscuit}

Monkeytoo Wed 08-Dec-10 20:57:04

I broke my kindle and Amazon are sending me a replacement for free (by expedited mail) and are paying the shipping for the one I need to return - brilliant!

RipMacWinkle Wed 08-Dec-10 20:57:32

I contacted Johnston Prams to ask if I could buy a replacement lock bit for the Jane buggy board we'd "inherited".

A lovely man called Peter asked for our address and sent one through free of charge.

It was so unexpected and I was very impressed.

Donki Wed 08-Dec-10 20:58:08

Definitely not British Gas...

ivykaty44 Wed 08-Dec-10 20:59:50

I stopped at a cafe in Porlock and had coffee and scones, we were on our bikes and had three year old dd on a bike seat. my dd1 had had enough on the bike so my dh rode back toward where we had left the car.

i suddenly realised I had the car key (porlock is at the bottom of any hill to get out) so asked the waitress if I could order a cab - she said no cabs round here - hers my car keys minu is parked round the back take mine and bring it back, so I did, saw my dh coming back (he had got up the 1in4 and then down the other side) and he left his bike with mine and we went and got my car and gave the waitresses car back to her

that is what i call customer service beyond expectation far and beyond

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: