Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice please? Leaving the family home with the DCs

(3 Posts)
backtothedrawingboard Mon 05-Sep-11 14:19:11

I posted the following under Divorce/Separation....

but I think I need a legal viewpoint on my last post. Can anyone help?

STIDW Mon 05-Sep-11 14:29:46

I'm not a solicitor but the primary carer is the parent who cares for the children for the majority of the time. Evidence of that are the established patterns of work/childcare such as who takes the children to and from school, nursery, doctors, dentist, shopping and who does the day to day care such as washing and cooking the children's clothes.

It seems in your case both parents have historically cared for the children and in those circumstances shared residence might be appropriate. Shared residence is when a child "lives" with both parents but it can be in different proportions from 50:50.

babybarrister Mon 05-Sep-11 16:48:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: