Talk

Advanced search

Alastair Campbell blogs on Biscuitgate

(71 Posts)
morningpaper Mon 19-Oct-09 11:59:29

Alastair Campbell blogs on biscuitgate

I know you all drool over his trousers respect Campbell's sharp wit and insightful thoughts on the political issues of the day e.g. bisuits.

ZephirineDrouhin Mon 19-Oct-09 12:44:33

I'm not normally a fan of Alastair Campbell but I think he's right here. Especially about how this sort of nonsense gives the advantage to blank-headed Tory buffoons like Cameron.

cherryblossoms Mon 19-Oct-09 12:52:37

Yes, agree with Zephirine.

Asking on mn about biscuit choice is fine and reasonable. But I'm depressed about how it's all been picked up by the media. The media is sooo hostile to GB, he can do no right. And it all adds to the trivialisation of politics - which does none of us any favours.

VictoriousSponge Mon 19-Oct-09 12:53:02

oh i blocked him on twitter

scarletlilybug Mon 19-Oct-09 13:04:39

GB never answers any questions on PMQs - why on earth would he bother answering questions on mumsnet?

frostyfingers Mon 19-Oct-09 16:50:46

Best thing I heard was that if it had been Tony Blair his favourite biscuit would have been a Jammie Dodger!

policywonk Mon 19-Oct-09 17:12:10

Wow. The whole biscuit thing is really quite profound in ways that just had not occurred to me.

fillybuster Mon 19-Oct-09 17:15:36

I was quite irritated the press coverage implied that all MNetters cared about was the biscuit thing. Although I still think GB should have just answered the bloody question....

ZephirineDrouhin Mon 19-Oct-09 17:57:00

Agree, fillybuster, that is particularly irritating. I suppose that mums asking the prime minister questions about fiscal policy doesn't sound much like a story to a newspaper editor. But everyone knows that mums are mostly only interested in biscuits and that kind of cute domestic stuff, right?

SomeGuy Mon 19-Oct-09 23:37:52

ugh.
What a twat Campbell is.

AitchTwoToTangOh Mon 19-Oct-09 23:42:17

he's a spunk.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 19-Oct-09 23:45:08

A twat and a spunk? A match made in heaven.

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 19-Oct-09 23:49:09

ROFL at the suggestion that GB was trying to answer serious policy questions. Wasn't it just a PPB? I don't recall seeing any actual serious answers, just lists of what his party have done. Perhaps he, like Karl Lagerfeld, thinks our mummy minds are far too frothy to be able to comprehend proper facts.

morningpaper Tue 20-Oct-09 08:44:44

I won't have any dissing Alastair Campbell. Especially by boys <narrows eyes>

LeninGhoul Tue 20-Oct-09 21:11:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

morningpaper Tue 20-Oct-09 21:13:01

how does this thread have 15 posts and manage to mention spunk, twats, fisting and Norman Lamont? What is WRONG with you women?

SomeGuy Tue 20-Oct-09 21:57:33

Was Norman Lamont into fisting? shock

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 20-Oct-09 22:16:28

<sigh> You must be very young Someguy.

I love Alistair Campbell. Is it wrong to say that? He's all meaty and northern and troubled. And smart as fuck. Just the kind of bloke I am an utter sucker for. Good job I've shacked up with one.

Gordon should find a way for him to come back. Flawed genius, and a million miles better than the Smarmster.

SomeGuy Tue 20-Oct-09 23:01:26

Why must I be very young?

You can love whomever you like. Campbell IMO is a bully and is a malevolent influence on politics and the media.

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Tue 20-Oct-09 23:04:37

Wilf is referring to Julian Clary's joke about Lamont in the early 90s. Hence the "young" comment.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 20-Oct-09 23:12:14

here someguy

VulpusinaWilfsuit Tue 20-Oct-09 23:12:50

It - sadly - ruined his career for a while...

SomeGuy Tue 20-Oct-09 23:36:37

Julian Clary is a much better class of camp comedian than Graham Norton.

SomeGuy Tue 20-Oct-09 23:36:52

That may be damning with faint praise of course....

moondog Tue 20-Oct-09 23:40:24

God I loathe Alsitair Campbell. He is so fucking smug.
I'd love to duff him up in a dark alley and send him on his way with a boot up his arse.

His 'partner' (shudder) is equally odious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now