Talk

Advanced search

HELP! My washing machine STINKS

(10 Posts)
TheRealMBJ Tue 04-Nov-14 15:21:50

My mother and brother are visiting from abroad and are very helpful in doing their own laundry but it means I have sort of lost control over cycles and general hygiene (i.e. haven't done my fortnightly 90 degree wash). Now my machine STINKS. I mean really stinks.

Should i just bicarb and vinegar it, or do I need to do something more technical?

goodasitgets Tue 04-Nov-14 15:25:32

I would try the usual and v hot wash
Other than that, run it with some zoflora in?

TheRealMBJ Tue 04-Nov-14 15:45:27

Thanks. On a hot wash currently.

Wiggletastic Tue 04-Nov-14 15:49:38

Do you make sure you leave the door wide open for the machine to dry out completely after every wash? I find this makes a big difference. Also helps to stop any mouldyness.

MrsMaker83 Tue 04-Nov-14 15:54:03

Dr beckmann washing machine cleaner worked a treat for mine

TheRealMBJ Tue 04-Nov-14 15:56:39

I usually do Wiggle but not sure it has been happening the last 2 weeks

Oakmaiden Tue 04-Nov-14 15:58:32

Do you use liquid? I have found my machine smells much nicer now I have gone back to powder...

Housesoftheholy Tue 04-Nov-14 15:59:59

I do a 90 degree wash with a drawer full of soda crystals and a scoop in the drum every time mine starts to pong. It works great

Lilymaid Tue 04-Nov-14 16:14:25

Loads of advice from the White Goods Forum which advocates maintenance washes and not using liquid detergent.

TheRealMBJ Tue 04-Nov-14 16:45:07

I do use liquid! I really never knew powder helped with the machine's smell. I wonder why that is?

I usually do a maintenance wash fortnightly and leave the door open to air, but not kept on top of ot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now