Opinions on these bathroom tiles please

(13 Posts)
silversixpence Mon 09-Nov-15 20:14:12

Are these tiles worth the £££? Will they date or are they OTT? Will probably use in a small en suite on wall above sink with plain tiles elsewhere.

I did like the fired earth ones more but they are even more eyewateringly expensive.

silversixpence Mon 09-Nov-15 20:15:28

Fired Earth tiles

The Topps tiles come in Glacier as well ie white/pale blue

OliviaDunham Mon 09-Nov-15 20:17:58

Love the Topps tiles ones, but I prefer strong colours. Are you using white walls?

7to25 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:23:59

Love the Topps glacier ones

lljkk Mon 09-Nov-15 20:24:59

£340 per sq metre? shock

Bunbaker Mon 09-Nov-15 20:29:32

"Will they date or are they OTT?"

Yes to both. I really like the Shimmering Glacier ones though.

I think the problem with dark, in your face tiles that it would put prospective buyers off when it comes to selling your house.

We once looked at a house with a black tiled bathroom and it was one of the things that put us off. The hassle and expense of changing them was really off putting.

silversixpence Mon 09-Nov-15 20:32:22

I think we'd probably go for the glacier if I'm being realistic as I don't like dark rooms. I can imagine the peacock being very glamorous but not sure I can pull it off!

silversixpence Mon 09-Nov-15 20:34:42

The Oyster mosaic fired earth tiles are "only" £200 grin

NoArmaniNoPunani Mon 09-Nov-15 20:34:49

According to the bloke who did our bathroom, topps tiles are crap.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Mon 09-Nov-15 20:44:11

I do think the boat has sailed on iridescent glass tiles, they already look dated to me, too blingy.

silversixpence Mon 09-Nov-15 20:51:30

I think I need to see them in a bathroom in real life

NewLife4Me Mon 09-Nov-15 21:14:26

I wouldn't shop at Topps anymore.
My mil used tile mountain and saved loads, fantastic customer service, delivered in 3 days.
She is 72 and loves chatting to nice young men.

wowfudge Mon 09-Nov-15 22:08:40

If you can find out who the manufacturer is you may be able to save money by buying direct. I don't think a blanket 'Topps Tiles are crap' is very helpful - they can be very expensive but a lot of tilers have trade accounts with them and can get discounts. Whether they pass them on is another matter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now