Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any one tried this new Alli diet over the counter pill ??

(40 Posts)
isheisnthe Wed 03-Jun-09 16:27:46

Just that really - want to lose about a stone (or 2) and wondered how it works ect

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 03-Jun-09 16:29:12

It's so expensive someone taking them can't afford to eat, therefore, looses weight.

Sorry, I saw the price of them in Boots shock

Turbomouth Wed 03-Jun-09 16:29:39

I keep looking at them whenever I go into boots, not brave enough to try though. Watching this with interest

bluebump Wed 03-Jun-09 16:29:46

No, I was tempted then I read about the side effects...yuk!

LadyOfWaffle Wed 03-Jun-09 16:30:36

I think it gets fat out of your system - fast. You are meant to eat very low fat diet, and if you do eat too much fat it can expell itself quick and without warning!

SKYTVADDICT Wed 03-Jun-09 16:33:05

Read the side effects - most definitely yuk!

Also read an article about someone who tried them - again yuk!

bluebump Wed 03-Jun-09 16:33:52

This is the article I read that put me off.

cuppateaplease Wed 03-Jun-09 16:33:53

oooh - beware of the alli oops moment

scoutandjem Wed 03-Jun-09 16:35:25

My DH bought some but has been to afraid to try them! I have about one stone to lose so tried them for one week - no effects at all. Somebody said have to take them for at least a month??

Gone back to gym and eating sensibly (boring)again. Good luck

LadyOfWaffle Wed 03-Jun-09 16:39:26

I wonder if you can take them while breastfeeding... (a stone in a month looks worth a few knicker changes!)

Turbomouth Wed 03-Jun-09 16:41:20

Oh christ, are you saying stuff literally seeps out of youshock

stillstanding Wed 03-Jun-09 16:46:26

No way could you take this while breastfeeding. Yikes.

bitdowninthedumps Wed 03-Jun-09 16:47:56

I took it for a month, didn't have any side effects of the leaking variety. Even when I had chinese takeaway and pizza.

I don't normally eat very much fat at all though.

Turbomouth Wed 03-Jun-09 16:50:18

Are they like a once a day thing, or with every meal or what?? And what are the side effects, apart from botty leakage

notsoteenagemum Wed 03-Jun-09 16:52:18

How long do they stay in your system for?
If you were going out for a meal could you just skip that days tablet or would you have to skip more?
Has anyone really stuck to a strict diet on them and not had any oily seepage <boak>

Also as if Kinga is a size 10 in that after picture, I know she's small but there is no way she's a 10. My friend is a size 10 and 4'11 and she looks waaay thinner than Kinga

LadyOfWaffle Wed 03-Jun-09 16:52:32

How come? Imagining diarrhea milk or something now!

bitdowninthedumps Wed 03-Jun-09 16:53:34

You take them with every meal. If you skip them they don't work - yuo have to take them within an hour of eating.

I have stuck to a strict and not so strict diet and not had any side effects.

Turbomouth Wed 03-Jun-09 16:54:40

Kinga? Who the fucks kinga? I've missed something here haven't Ihmm

isheisnthe Wed 03-Jun-09 17:39:23

hmmm, well I have ordered online from lloyds (or however you spell it) pharmacy - when they arrive i will take them and let you know how I get on...

tiredemma Wed 03-Jun-09 17:42:53

im 4'11" and a size 10. Kinga looks much bigger than me.

notsoteenagemum Wed 03-Jun-09 17:48:32

LMAO turbomouth
Kinga was on big brother a while ago, and she's in the link that bluebump posted further up.

Very good of you be the guinea pig isheisnthe please give us updates including all the gory details.smile

Coolmama Wed 03-Jun-09 17:51:51

anal leakage and incontinence? - I definitely don't think so.......

SoupDragon Wed 03-Jun-09 17:53:58

Classic friend-of-a-friend story but they claimed it was like waking up in a olive oil slick in the morning.

Learn to eat and exercise properly instead.

unavailable Wed 03-Jun-09 18:09:47

Oh bother - my timing is rubbish. I have just started a thread on this in the big/slim topic. I have a bottle but a bit scared to take it!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 03-Jun-09 18:13:48

My two friends are taking it - husband and wife - they do not take them if they are going to eat a high fat meal. This then avoids the side effects. It's not like medication in the sense that you must take them -if you know you're going to eat high fat then don't take them that day.

They have both lost half a stone each in a month by taking it with normal meals.

They say that the reason it has worked for them is that it makes them more aware of what they are eating rather than just the effect of 25% of the fat not being processed in the body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now