Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I had the Mirena coil fitted last night....

(28 Posts)
VanillaPumpkin Wed 01-Oct-08 15:48:31

how long until I feel normal again? I still have period type pain and feel a bit fragile.
Have been taking pain killers last night and today.

VanillaPumpkin Wed 01-Oct-08 17:37:39

Anyone?

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 17:38:59

Apparently it varies greatly, one friend felt better within a couple of days, another it took significantly longer. Hope you're feeling better soon.

jooseyfruit Wed 01-Oct-08 17:40:01

had mine done two weeks ago, settled down after 24 hours. if you're worried, phone up docs.
Is pain really bad?

trumpetgirl Wed 01-Oct-08 17:52:42

I was in pain for 5 months before demanding that they remove it. However, I found out afterwards that the pain could have been due to an infection. I don't know why they couldn't have told me that at the time though hmm
If it doesn't get better soon, you should definitely moan at them.

bogie Wed 01-Oct-08 17:54:33

I bled non stop for 5 months and put on 3 stone when I had the marina coil, yet my friend had no problems at all with it and was fine after a couple of days so it really varies from person to person

VanillaPumpkin Wed 01-Oct-08 18:09:44

Aw, thank you all.
No pain is not that bad. Just achey period pain, but bad period pain iykwim. I was told to expect it but can't remember how long they said it would last blush. It is not major pain that would point to an infection though. They gave me lots of warning about that. It is just annoying and making me feel lousy.
I will have an early night and hope it will be better in the morning. Thanks all.

jooseyfruit Thu 02-Oct-08 12:03:36

how is it this morning?

VanillaPumpkin Thu 02-Oct-08 12:59:47

Much better this morning thank you. So just over 24 hours of weirdness and aches. Should be worth it I think.

anniebear Fri 03-Oct-08 14:12:29

I just had mild period pains , but did have them for quite a while. Could have been 4 weeks. Totally liveable with though

then that was it..no periods yeah!!!!!!!!!!

VanillaPumpkin Sat 04-Oct-08 15:22:44

I feel totally fine now, which is great.
I am slightly concerned about the length (and spiky-nessshock) of my threads but that is a whole other thread I think. I feel a trim might be in order at my six week check....

jooseyfruit Sun 05-Oct-08 06:51:47

glad you feel better.
i haven't dared feel for my threads yet (wuss) the thought freaks me out.

anniebear Sun 05-Oct-08 20:37:52

I havent even felt for mine yet blush .the mirena is either working or Im pregnant!!!! lol

are they easy to feel?

VanillaPumpkin Sun 05-Oct-08 22:05:18

Oh yes mine were very easy to find. I need you ladies to check yours now to see if mine are odd.....Was a bit weird tbh but I was a bit worried about dh blush....

SoloTheCharmedOne Sun 05-Oct-08 22:09:11

The threads move up and around your cervix apparently. I've only had the bottle to feel for mine once <shudder>. Anyway! It's coming out on Tuesday. Two stones or more added fat since I've had it in.angry

anniebear Mon 06-Oct-08 11:44:34

would you presume that if you were having no periods that the mirena was ok and working?!!

VanillaPumpkin Mon 06-Oct-08 17:05:21

Solo - Sorry it has not suited you sad

Annie - Um I would if I had also checked my threads. Checking for them is no worse than putting a non applicator tampon in. Honestly.

anniebear Mon 06-Oct-08 20:10:13

suppose I had better get checking!!

what if I cant feel them?! shock

cheshirekitty Mon 06-Oct-08 21:02:37

Anniebear - if you cannot feel the threads, do not panic. Book an appointment with your gp to see if he/she can see them when he/she does a speculum exam.

Sometimes the threads plaster themselves to the side of the cervix, or turn back on themselves.

SoloTheCharmedOne Tue 07-Oct-08 12:41:40

Well! I'm back from my appointment to remove my Mirena and guess what? She couldn't find the bloody threads, despite her best digging techniques. I have to wait now and go for a scan to see where it is if it's still there. Tbh, I hope it's fallen out by itself, at least then, I don't have to worry about them taking it out for me...but what I want to know is this; How can it have fallen out without me knowing it has ~ if indeed it has fallen out? anyone had this happen to them?

anniebear Tue 07-Oct-08 12:41:51

thanks

DH asked me last night do I not have to wear those pads anymore?!

I said No, as I dont have periods anymore

got up this morning and had bled onto my knickers shock

Not sure if to be worried or not

SoloTheCharmedOne Tue 07-Oct-08 12:47:36

anniebear, I bled for well over a year pretty much all the time, sometimes spotting, other times it was like a light period and yes, still had normal(for me)heavy periods every month.

SoloTheCharmedOne Tue 07-Oct-08 12:49:10

And....I put my post on the wrong thread blush sorry...I will put it on my thread too.

anniebear Tue 07-Oct-08 13:22:52

Hope its ok Solo

I havent bled though for the past 4 months!

SoloTheCharmedOne Tue 07-Oct-08 13:25:20

annie, none of my friends have had periods for years with the Mirena. Trust me to be different! so, you'll probably be fine. It may suit you perfectly. Glad for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now