Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrendous headache 😭

(34 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 14-Oct-17 12:45:54

Just realised most my threads on here seem to be about health! I don't have health anxiety I'm just unlucky and complex haha.

I had a headache that started yesterday and now today it's agony and I feel sick. It's the right side of my forehead. Taken Co codamol with no affect. Any remedy that will help?

I know being on my phone doesn't help! I don't really get headaches much.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 14-Oct-17 17:33:37

Anyone?.counting hours down until dc are in bed so I can lay in a dark room with no noise sad

Vitalogy Sat 14-Oct-17 17:40:52

The only thing that helps me is to try and go to sleep. Drink lots of water and try and do a poo. grin Hope your headache goes soon!

SmartiesHaveTheAnswer Sat 14-Oct-17 18:03:54

Try aspirin OP (providing you're not on any warfarin etc).

I had a 2 day headache that would not shift and a GP friend suggested aspirin. Gone within the hour.

Ijustlovefood Sat 14-Oct-17 18:06:40

I'd see your GP. A headache that is agony and especially if you're not used to them.

HeppyKestrel Sat 14-Oct-17 18:08:11

Any chance it's caffeine withdrawal?

TopBitchoftheWitches Sat 14-Oct-17 18:08:16

If it is a migraine, the only thing that helps me is being sick (even if I have to do it myself).

I do feel tired for the rest of the day though.

flowers

SingingSeuss Sat 14-Oct-17 18:09:26

Get it checked by a Dr or at least phone the NHS line.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 14-Oct-17 19:35:21

Don't think it's caffeine related. Drinking water and have a cool flannel on my head. Dc in bed so I'm in a dark room - phone brightness is on minimum and this is hurting. Have routine gp appt on mon so will mention it then. I'll go pharmacy tomorrow as it's driving me to tears, can't have asprin as on blood thinners sad

MrsPnut Sat 14-Oct-17 19:38:00

I usually have to take two ibuprofen and two paracetamol together and lie down in a dark room with a cold flannel on my forehead. Sleep does make a huge difference too.

I recently gave myself a migraine by having wasabi with my sushi.

NorthernLurker Sat 14-Oct-17 19:40:24

If this a really bad pain and you don't usually get headaches like this then you need medical assessment tonight.

DumbledoresApprentice Sat 14-Oct-17 19:45:21

If it's blindingly bad and painkillers aren't touching it then you may need to go to A&E. Without wanting to panic you my aunt once had a blindingly bad headache that wasn't shifting and made her feel sick. She took some aspirin (only painkillers we could find in the house) and lay down in a darkened room. She was bleeding into her brain and almost died. I was there and called the ambulance in the end when I found her crawling across the landing but had initially thought it was just a bad headache and nothing to worry about. If it's the worst headache you've ever had them it's worth getting checked over.

DumbledoresApprentice Sat 14-Oct-17 19:46:05

I've just read that you're on blood thinners. Go to A&E!

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sat 14-Oct-17 20:09:48

I normally avoid hospitals like the plague but once dp home I'm going to ring 111. Had all sorts of painkillers (have a few medical conditions so have strong painkillers) and nothing is taking pain away. Even oromorph.
It's bad but obviously it's not had enough that I can't talk or type this.

Tiggy78 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:41:14

It sounds like a migraine to me but I do agree that you need to get it checked to be on the safe side.

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 14-Oct-17 20:51:31

Don't wait for DH. Ring 111 or get taken to A&E now. You need urgent medical assessment.

Don't taken anything with ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs in it.

NorthernLurker Sat 14-Oct-17 21:18:41

I missed the thinners. Op you could be bleeding in to your brain, minutes will make a difference. A and e now and tell them as soon as you get there about the thinners and the intractable pain. Go mow!

NorthernLurker Sat 14-Oct-17 21:18:52

Now!

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 15-Oct-17 05:00:35

I'll be seeking medical advice first thing in the morning.
It sounds like sinusitis to me (hurts when I touch above right eye) but I've had no cold or runny nose etc

NorthernLurker Sun 15-Oct-17 10:10:53

I think waiting was really not wise. Hopefully you are now seeking help?

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 15-Oct-17 11:29:50

Dp says it's just a migraine and says don't waste nhs time. I've Dr's tomorrow.
I think it's sinusitis it's exactly the same pain and I've facial pain, just ni cold or stuffy nose.

NorthernLurker Sun 15-Oct-17 13:15:54

Does your partner have a medical degree?

Yesterday you were describing pain that would not resolve, aversion to light and you are taking a medication which puts you at higher risk of bleeding in the brain. It may be migraine, it may be sinusitis though without a cause I'd question that if it could be a brain bleed. Just go and get seen by somebody who can assess you properly.

allypally999 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:05:32

It does sound like migraine and I probably would wait for GP appt too but then I am a crazy person and I've had so many things wrong with me I am abnormally casual. Most people would be in A&E by now or at least phone. Good luck with the migraines if that's what it is (and 1 dose of medication diagnoses if it is), I have had them for 23 years now but they are less frequent and less severe now phew! I hope you post an unpdate tomorrow!

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 15-Oct-17 16:38:16

@ally you sound exactly like me haha. I've had so much wrong with me it's unbelievable. Agh.
Had a good sleep and hopefully will tonight - dc are with childminder and ive called in sick tomorrow.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 16-Oct-17 02:04:34

Got a temp now. Not long and I'll see Dr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now