Talk

Advanced search

really bad stomach pains, like labour pains but am not pregnant...

(42 Posts)
TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 12:22:55

They are bloody painful! Had them since i woke up. Feel like curling up into a ball and rocking until they subside, they come and go - any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 12:24:03

Tummy bug? There's a lot around at the mo.

SleepyJess Tue 03-Jan-06 12:24:03

Are they connect with your period? Are you on? Due on?

cathyspam Tue 03-Jan-06 12:24:06

mayber the onset of diahorrea? (spelling?)

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 12:25:22

Im not on and would have no idea when im due on as I am very irregular... Also had better not be due on as i have a gyne appointment this afternoon!

Dont feel sick so hopeful not a tummy bug

anorak Tue 03-Jan-06 12:26:45

Might be a uterine infection? Perhaps it's just as well you have a gynae appt this afternoon, they might be able to diagnose for you?

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 12:26:47

Are you worried about the gynae appointment? Could it be stress?

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 12:28:25

I am worried about the appointment, first one in what looks to be a long line. Have 2 prolapses

I am such a wuss when it comes to pain, dont know how I managed to have 2 children!

What are the symptoms of a UTI? I have pack pain too!

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 12:33:45

Might just be the worry of the appointment going straight to your stomach!

If you've got back pain as well, though, I'd give NHS Direct a ring and see what they say just in case you have a UTI.

SleepyJess Tue 03-Jan-06 12:36:44

Just thought that if they feel like labour pains, then they seem likely to be gynaecological.. I think labour feels like period pains x a million!

Sometimes a polyp rupturing can feel like that I think.. which is not a very uncommon scenario as I read that most of us have them to some degree.

SJ x

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 12:53:38

Im not sure what a polyp is?

Thanks all

Bugsy2 Tue 03-Jan-06 12:55:10

could be horrific wind. A friend of mine fainted once from wind pain and this was after she'd given birth to two children!!!
I sometimes get severe pain from wind - could it be that?

butty Tue 03-Jan-06 12:57:17

I am having the same problem here!!!!!!

I have been sick 3 times this morning, have chronic heartburn and stabbing pains from my lower chest to my lower abdomen.

Been having the heartburn for about a month and the stabbing pains every now and then.

My mum has told me to ring the doctors for an appointment as she thinks it could be a stomach ulcer!!!!!?????

She has now worried me, but she said that she had one in her late 20's and had the same symptoms??

Anyone else had experience of this????

Butty.xxx

SleepyJess Tue 03-Jan-06 13:23:43

Hmm.. think I was thinking of fibroid actually... best ignore me!! Hope you feel better soon though..

crazydazy Tue 03-Jan-06 19:05:30

I sometimes get pains like this when I have bad constipation or if I take senokot to help the constipation, it feels exactly like being in labour.

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 19:10:17

How are you now, Tamba?

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 19:12:08

Still achey. Gyne has referred me too pysio but the great news is that I dont have to have the operation they were talking about wooohoooo seems that it is repairing itself!

Was in loads of pain earlier am glad its subsided and just uncomfortable from my appointment. The doc didnt have the gentalist of hands!

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 19:14:28

Glad you're feeling better, and good news about not needing the op!

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 19:15:29

I know! I was really stressed about it

He did tell me i needed to lose more weight though - cheeky sod! Ive lost 3.6 stone since summer and thought i looked ok

getbakainyourjimjams Tue 03-Jan-06 19:26:50

I had stomach pains for 3 days earlier this week. No sickness or anything else, just bad pains. I think its a virus....

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 19:29:48

Tamba, doctors always say you need to lose weight, it's programmed into their brains. Even if you go in with a sore throat, they'll tell you it's because you need to lose weight!

Sounds like it was just the stress ... but if it happens again, straight to the GP with a urine sample.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 20:27:05

yes mom

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 20:33:33

Oi, cheeky!

<mutters darkly under breath about cheeky young whippersnappers>

TambaTheDragonSlayer Tue 03-Jan-06 20:49:44

It was affectionate rather than cheeky

<halo emotion>

WigWamBam Tue 03-Jan-06 20:51:18

Halo??

<falls off chair laughing hysterically at the thought of Tamba with a halo>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »