Talk

Advanced search

We grew some peanuts!!!!!

(11 Posts)
RGPargy Sat 20-Sep-08 22:53:41

Never thought we'd actually get anywhere with this, but one day we found a peanut and just happened to stick it in the earth in the garden. A few weeks later we noticed that it was sprouting so we transferred it to a pot and looked up on the net to see if we could grow a peanut or two. Anyway, to cut a long story short, it's been well over a year since we planted it and as it'd all died, we thought we'd check out the earth and see if it had sprouted any peanuts.

I am very proud to say that we got 6 peanuts from a single unroasted peanut in it's shell!! How cool is that?!!!

We are now planting one of the others that had started to sprout (i think we should have dug this up months ago lol) and we will see what happens with that one.

Just thought i'd share my excitement with you coz i think it's brilliant growing stuff that you can actually eat!

Yurtgirl Sat 20-Sep-08 23:02:54

Thats really cool!

RGPargy Sat 20-Sep-08 23:04:21

Thanx, it is isn't it!!

BroccoliSpears Sat 20-Sep-08 23:04:23

Wow. That is indeed cool.

RGPargy Sat 20-Sep-08 23:05:46

Leoness Sat 20-Sep-08 23:10:47

That is totally cool
I wanna grow peanuts
Actually Sainsbury's do peanuts shoots in one of their stir-fry mixes and they are so tasty I've been wondering how easy it would be to get peanut sprouts.

RGPargy Sat 20-Sep-08 23:12:57

Oh its so easy to grow them!! Just get some raw peanuts in their shells and shove one in some compost in a pot and hey presto!! You might need to stake the plant when it grows quite tall but that's literally all we did!

misdee Sat 20-Sep-08 23:15:23

thats cool!

ps any news on dd's blood tests?

Leoness Sat 20-Sep-08 23:16:58

will definitely try

RGPargy Sat 20-Sep-08 23:26:05

misdee - Should hear either tomorrow (have a friend who works in the hospital) or if not, then should hear by tuesday.

Leoness - yeah you should, it's really satisfying! I might grow something else now, like tomatoes or something.

Saturn74 Sat 20-Sep-08 23:27:26

fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now