Talk

Advanced search

Supermaket pudding recommedations for BBQ tomorrow - please!

(18 Posts)
FIMAC1 Thu 28-Jul-05 20:35:28

Am not as organised as I should be and have not done a pud for tomorrow - anyone recommend a good pud I can pick up from a Supermarket?

Thanks - the NOT domestic goddess

piffle Thu 28-Jul-05 20:44:17

tescos do a divine tarte au citron, ncie with a spoonful of thickest cream also their frozen profiteroles and eclairs are good for older kids treats, this is what we do for bbq's or really good quality vanilla icecream with a fresj pureed berry or mango (tinned for time and ease coulis.)

FIMAC1 Thu 28-Jul-05 21:04:47

Thanks - will head off to Tescos tomorrow

KBear Thu 28-Jul-05 21:07:44

chocolate brownies (Mr Kipling's new ones are good)with cornish cream ice-cream! - delish.

FIMAC1 Thu 28-Jul-05 21:09:42

ummm sound good, Brownies are my fav - are these ready baked?

tia

SoupDragon Thu 28-Jul-05 21:14:16

If you fancy making something - pot au chocolate. 1 small tub marscapone cheese, 1 med bar (200g?) plain chocolate. Gently melt together in a pan, pour into ramekins and leave to set. Serves 4 (if you don't eat too much out of the saucepan)

If you can't be arsed to make it, Tescos finest pot au chocolates taste the same.

KBear Thu 28-Jul-05 21:15:57

yep - ready to go! Nearly as good as mine! Except slight problem - you have to eat lots of them - nightmare

charleepeters Thu 28-Jul-05 21:16:24

Pavlovas a great one form any supermarket - my fave

MaloryTowers Thu 28-Jul-05 21:29:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happymerryberries Thu 28-Jul-05 21:50:55

For the kids, get a bag od doughnuts and some ice cream, open out the d'nut and put in a scoop of ice cream. Yummy and doesn't need washing up!

Janh Thu 28-Jul-05 22:28:47

Sainsburys Taste the Diff cheesecakes, there is a vanilla one I think and a choccy one, I took them to a barbecue and they were hoovered up.

Janh Thu 28-Jul-05 22:29:33

(Frozen, btw, sorry, forgot to say )

jamboure Fri 29-Jul-05 13:09:43

wish we had bbq weather it is peeing down again here in livingston

lunachic Fri 29-Jul-05 13:12:52

harveys bristol cream trifles if you are a trifle fan are nice in induvidual dishes about 90p maybe not right for a barbie but worth trying -also the onken rhubarb and vanilla mouse is very yummy

otto Fri 29-Jul-05 13:34:29

Meringue nests with mixed berries and cream or ice cream. They look pretty, tase good and are kind of half home made as you need to assemble them. A friend served them for lunch recently and I've copied her a couple of times when time was tight.

SofiaAmes Fri 29-Jul-05 22:28:49

If it's for a bbq, why don't you get a watermelon? The ones WITH seeds are super super good this year.

soapbox Sat 30-Jul-05 00:02:38

We always just do BBQ bananas. When you serve the main BQ food chuck a banana (whole - don't take skins off) per person on the BBQ plus a few extra (people always want more)!!

Leave them on until the outsides are very brown and they have gone a bit squidgy. Serve by slicing down the length of the banana and pour over maple syrup, then put a scoop of vanilla icecream on the plate too!

Some people put some milk chocolate pieces in the banana which melts to make a chocolate sauce, but our children prefer the maple syrup

SofiaAmes Sat 30-Jul-05 00:45:04

wow that sounds awesome and definitely outdoor eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now