Talk

Advanced search

Antipasti

(13 Posts)
Kayzr Sat 06-Jun-09 12:36:18

Please can I have your suggestions and recipes for antipasti please?

Thanks.

MaggsS Sun 07-Jun-09 12:20:27

Bumping for you with interest smile

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 13:43:15

Hi Kayzr - I come from an italian background and this is what we would have:-

From your deli/sainbo's deli/continental shop - Milano salami, this needs to be sliced very thin for maximum taste. Mortadella, again thin. Get a large plate, arrange the salami around the outside, overlapping the slices slightly. Cut your mortadella slices in half and roll up. place these in the middle of the salami plate.

Nice ripe tomatoes, sliced, with pieces of mozzarella on top and some torn basil strewn over, with a drizzle of virgin olive oil and a grind of salt and pepper over the top.

This is the cheat bit - in Sainsbo's they do antipasta jars of mixed mushrooms, peppers and artichokes in oil. I drain the jars of the oil and put each one in a section of a lazy susan.

A tin/jar of anchovies, drained - can go in the section of the lazy susan too.

Tuna and beans - can of tuna, flagelot beans, parsley, lemon juice. Drain your tuna and beans, mix together. Chop your parsley add this to to the tuna and squeeze over the lemon juice.

Some nice ciabatta, to mop up the oil juice.

Hey presto, you have an antipasta.

Hope this helps smile

MaggsS Sun 07-Jun-09 20:20:41

Wow bellavita. That sounds lovely and so easy too smile

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 20:42:39

Yes MaggS it is very easy but effective grin

Kayzr Sun 07-Jun-09 20:46:37

Brilliant Bellavita!! Thank you ever so much.

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 20:47:49

Your welcome smile

blametheparents Sun 07-Jun-09 20:49:04

I LOVE anchovies!

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 20:49:59

Mmmm so do I blametheparents!

dairymoo Mon 08-Jun-09 17:41:09

I usually do the same as bellavita (love the tuna & bean salad) but also some griddled asparagas or courgettes tossed in a lemon & olive oil dressing. Both in season now so extra tasty!

Kayzr Tue 09-Jun-09 10:39:46

Well the meal was last night and the Antipasti was just gorgeous!! But I bought and made far too much so we are having it for lunch today too!!

blametheparents Tue 09-Jun-09 12:09:38

Oh yum, and having it for lunch today is def NOT a bad thing!
I might pop round! lol

bellavita Tue 09-Jun-09 15:12:23

Glad it went well for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now