Talk

Advanced search

How do I cook a stirfry?

(10 Posts)
hughjarssss Mon 01-Sep-08 15:42:36

I know its just veg and meat sauted in a pan but what sauces do you use and has anyone got any tips?

DrNortherner Mon 01-Sep-08 15:44:20

I normally chuck my meat/fish in then my veg than my noodles.

You can buy stir fry seasoning of all different varieties.

I always chuck a load of soy sauce in too.

Yum.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 15:45:53

you can buy sachets of sauce for stir fry for about 37p, think they're 'blue dragon'. just as yummy without though with soy sauce

Carmenere Mon 01-Sep-08 15:45:54

What I do it cut everything to the same size and usually into quite thin strips. Use a LARGE wok or pan over a very high heat and stir-fry the meat first, then add the veg and then what ever sauce you want. I usually marinade the meat/chicken/fish first and then throw in the marinade as a sauce. a squeeze of fresh lime generally improves almost any stir-fry.

hughjarssss Mon 01-Sep-08 15:47:27

Does having a wok make a lot of difference?

abbieslife Mon 01-Sep-08 15:57:08

I use sesame oil to cook in. Flavour with soy sauce, thai seven spice, cumin, paprika and a tiny bit of chilli powder, or lazy chillies from a jar. Teaspoon of rice vinegar too if you have it.Lovely with chicken, bacon, mange tout, baby corn and straight to wok noodles.
Very quick and easy dinner!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 01-Sep-08 16:02:29

i use blue dragon black bean or terriyaki sauce in mine. yum.

i do chicken with noodles, beansprouts, peppers, muchrooms and baby corn.

Carmenere Mon 01-Sep-08 16:03:33

I think having a wok makes it easier but it is not essential

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 01-Sep-08 16:05:20

oh no if you dont have a wok just use a saucepan. if you use a frying pan all the ingrediants will fall over the sides while you are stirring it. i have done stir fry in sauce pans loads of times. dh keeps throwing out the woks when they go a bit black <they are meant to go a bit black adds to the flavour>

hughjarssss Mon 01-Sep-08 16:11:47

Fab! Thanks everyone. Some really good tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now