Talk

Advanced search

What are we having on our pancakes today?

(40 Posts)
Lalala205 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:30:44

Can't decide between traditional lemon juice and sugar. Or Nutella, banana and ice cream 😋 What do you like on yours?

Goodnightandgoodluck Tue 25-Feb-20 12:33:35

Lotus biscoff spread. It's seriously nice.

Wacadu Tue 25-Feb-20 12:34:19

Blueberries and golden syrup

Morporkia Tue 25-Feb-20 12:34:55

Nutella and whippy....oooh noooo I forgot to get whippy cream and it’s raining now 😔 just Nutella then!

Ninkanink Tue 25-Feb-20 12:40:05

We’re not having pancakes today sad as I’m lowcarbing and I am sick of keto pancakes having just done an egg fast last week.

But we have pancakes fairly often so we’re not missing out.

I love banana pancakes. My DH has his with maple syrup and I have mine with maple syrup and streaky bacon.

Also love apple and cinnamon pancakes, with lemon and sugar.

I like crepes with orange syrup, or with Nutella and cream, or with sliced bananas in a toffee sauce with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or with strawberries with black pepper and vanilla sauce.

Barbararara Tue 25-Feb-20 12:43:38

I can’t wait for this afternoon. I have a big jug of batter ready, two pans (one for cooking and a cold one for the dc to flip with) and loads of toppings:
Maple syrup
Bananas
Speculoos biscuit spread
Melted chocolate
Ice cream
Lemon and sugar
Whippy cream

ItchySeveredFoot Tue 25-Feb-20 12:45:59

Sugar and lemon
Golden syrup
Dd2 will want a jam one
Probably should get some blueberries so it's vaguely healthy... If you're at a yoga class tonight and a bloated lady throws up pancakes I apologise in advance blushgrin

TorysSuckRevokeArticle50 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:46:38

DD will be having golden syrup
DH will have chocolate spread

I will have a wistful sigh and nothing as on low carb diet envy

Ninkanink Tue 25-Feb-20 12:47:15

Oh yes, I also love crepes with just a thin layer of plain raspberry or strawberry jam.

Ninkanink Tue 25-Feb-20 12:47:53

@TorysSuckRevokeArticle50 you can make keto pancakes with egg and mascarpone or other cream cheese.

ohmysoul Tue 25-Feb-20 12:48:29

Lemon and sugar. DH and DD will have melted chocolate on theirs!

Raera Tue 25-Feb-20 12:51:25

Going against the grain here - chicken and mushrooms

SandAndSea Tue 25-Feb-20 12:52:19

Are low carb people allowed buckwheat flour pancakes? They're pretty healthy and tasty.

Peabody25 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:58:09

We'll be having Nutella with marshmallows and melted smarties! smile

Idontkowmyname Tue 25-Feb-20 13:00:16

Marshmallow chocolate spread/Nutella and banana.

maa1992 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:06:48

I'm having more than one...

Maple syrup on one, Nutella on another

TorysSuckRevokeArticle50 Tue 25-Feb-20 13:11:15

@ninkanink will have to try that. I tried the ones where it's an egg and mashed banana and surprise surprise it tasted nothing like pancake and everything like banana omelette, which is not nice!

frillyfarmer Tue 25-Feb-20 13:14:34

BBQ chicken and cheese pancakes with rocket and soured cream followed by blueberry jam pancakes with whipped cream. Off to the shops shortly and I just know I'll buy fat too many dessert pancake toppings we do not need!!

KittenVsBox Tue 25-Feb-20 13:19:28

Had ours already. I had sugar and lemon.
Kids alternated between sugar&lemon then golden syrup.
DH doesn't do breakfast, so missed out.

cravingmilkshake Tue 25-Feb-20 13:21:57

Just gone to collect ours, although all Nutella had sold out, so found an alternative!

Ninkanink Tue 25-Feb-20 13:39:43

@TorysSuckRevokeArticle50 I’m not gonna lie, it’s not exactly like a pancake. But it tastes pretty good and is something nice to have while everyone else is tucking in. I added vanilla essence to mine. You could have double cream and berries with it - raspberries or strawberries wouldn’t be too high in carbs.

Apparently you can get crystallised sucralose now which would be nice on a pancake to add that typical sugar crunch.

tinseltitsandlittlegits Tue 25-Feb-20 14:14:05

I don't like fruit or sweet things so I'm going to have corned beef hash on mine 😋

Binglebong Tue 25-Feb-20 14:14:21

Orange juice and sugar (for crunch!). But I adore apple sauce on them.

Graphista Tue 25-Feb-20 17:47:35

Knew there'd be a thread somewhere but had to hunt.

Forgot to get Nutella shock

Looking for suggestions based on what I have in please, I'm thinking I'll have a couple savoury and a couple or 1 sweet one:

Possible ingredients:

Savoury:
Cheese (cheddar, smoked, Brie, dairylea triangles - I know I'm a contradiction!)
Mushrooms
Cherry Tomatoes
Sweet peppers
Sour cream
Quorn "pepperoni"
Quorn "bacon"
Quorn "chicken pieces" (chilled not frozen

Sweet:

Fresh grapes
Tinned peaches, pineapples
Squirty cream
Sour cream
Yogurt
Jam
Marmalade
Peanut butter
Honey
Lemon & sugar

So what suggestions can you make me?

Graphista Tue 25-Feb-20 17:54:43

Ooh just remembered I've creamed mushrooms and sweet corn in too, might have those with the quorn "chicken" in savoury pancakes? Think that'll work?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »