Talk

Advanced search

Pasta sauce recipe

(10 Posts)
LifeBeginsNow Wed 29-Nov-17 20:01:32

Has anyone got a simple pasta sauce recipe I can use please? I've just made my version but it's pretty tasteless.

tissuesosoft Wed 29-Nov-17 20:04:54

Olive oil to cook some onions and a crushed garlic clove. Pour in passata, tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of tomato puree. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes

Joinourclub Thu 30-Nov-17 12:44:20

I do similar to above, but add pinch of salt and a teaspoonish of sugar to taste .

tissuesosoft Thu 30-Nov-17 13:51:48

I thought I missed something out! I also add the sugar- if you add it to the onions just as they are done cooking it adds abit of caramelisation

LifeBeginsNow Thu 30-Nov-17 13:54:19

Oh thank you! Plus I have all those things in the cupboard! It should give it some taste finally - I'll try it next time. Just need to finish the huge mountain I made last night.

FlukeSkyeRunner Thu 30-Nov-17 16:47:20

Add all purpose seasoning or red wine for extra flavour. And simmer or put in the oven on a low temperature for ages to intensify the tomato flavour.

FurryDogMother Thu 30-Nov-17 16:50:01

A few torn basil leaves always help, too smile

LifeBeginsNow Thu 30-Nov-17 17:52:35

Oh yum - thank you! I love basil and red wine. Never thought to put it in the oven either!

alexjr Thu 30-Nov-17 21:49:57

I fry chopped asparagus for a couple of minutes then add garlic and chilli flakes and fry for another couple of minutes. I then add a few sliced cherry tomatoes and keep frying until the tomatoes start to soften. Add a few table spoon full of the pasta water followed by a few hand full of spinach leaves.
Job down.

Ohlellykelly Thu 30-Nov-17 22:07:57

I make similar but add chilli seeds to the onion and garlic and then tomatoes and basil

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: