Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Hopelessness

(8 Posts)
curlygreys Sun 12-Nov-17 21:32:07

I think I may have anxiety and possibly depression too but I’m just not sure. I don’t want to have it and I don’t want to go to the doctor. I just want to be happy. Everyday is a struggle and I’m so up and down in my mood. I’m driving myself mad and feel like I’m going crazy- sometimes everything is normal and other times it’s chaotic and overwhelming. I don’t know who I am sometimes. At times I just want to leave and start again somewhere else but all of these feelings wouldn’t go away would they?

I’m not expecting any replies I just needed to moan.

JJBurnelsBass Sun 12-Nov-17 21:47:59

Why don't you want to go to the doctor?

curlygreys Sun 12-Nov-17 21:50:08

I don’t want people to think that I’m not coping

curlygreys Sun 12-Nov-17 21:51:06

I don’t want this (whatever ‘this’ is) to be a big deal.

JJBurnelsBass Sun 12-Nov-17 21:55:22

But you're not coping by the sound of things. There's nothing wrong with getting help. You would feel so much better. I know, I've been there and there's no shame in mental health problems. Go to the doctor... just talking will be a huge help.. maybe try some anti depressants if they are offered. You WILL feel better able to cope and more yourself. I promise

boxticky Mon 13-Nov-17 07:15:11

@JJBurnelsBass The problem is I don’t even know what ‘myself’ feels like anymore. Am I the confident, happy, outgoing person I am at work? Am I the quiet and polite Mum in the school playground? Am I the funny, loud person I am when I’m with my family? Am I the person who sits and cries quietly when I’m in the bath? Am I the strong, feisty person I am when I’m with DP? I just don’t know.

I struggle to get up everyday and just want to sit and do nothing at the moment but other times I’m organised and on the go and get everything done.

Everything’s just too much. I don’t know what’s wrong with me right now.

JJBurnelsBass Mon 13-Nov-17 20:49:29

You really DON'T know who you are do you?!

hevonbu Tue 14-Nov-17 04:43:54

It could be you're normal but your surroundings are hectic and overwhelming, in that case what you describe could be a normal reaction to a not so normal situation. But there's too little information here, you've written so little about it. Anyway, one usually isn't "happy" the entire time, happiness comes in short bouts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now