Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Has anyone had success with mindfulness/the headspace app

(4 Posts)
Lostindarkness Sun 02-Jul-17 13:08:48

Second post on here today but I can't carry on like this. I literally can't keep going with these dreadful thoughts I'm battling. It is all getting too much to bare.

Has anyone had any success with this. I'm thinking of trying it because I can't carry on with life if this is how it's going to be. I NEED to get better, I WANT to get better and will try anything.

Any other suggestions very much appreciated.

longdays Sun 02-Jul-17 13:53:19

Hi, I've used them on and off. I usually used it to help me sleep when I had constant horrible thoughts swirling around my brain. I found it helpful. I've even downloaded one for my daughter as she seems to be anxious too.

I still get these thoughts though but it helps me to manage them.

cpjoli Sun 02-Jul-17 19:00:10

I've tried the psychotherapy app recently for breathing exercises. Can highly recommend it for focussing your breathing and calming yourself down.

Aintgotnosoapbox Tue 04-Jul-17 00:17:31

Yes I like the Headspace app. I find because it's guided, it's easier to do, and Andys voice is soothing,
Mindfulness can give you some respite from thoughts. I find it easiest when I walk outside, on the beach say, or in a cool breeze, in a beautiful place. It's like a sensory experience when you concentrate / focus outside of your mind. You know you have thoughts/ feelings there, but you can just notice them.
Soothing breathing is different- it's deeper slower breaths to ease anxiety. Look at getselfhelp also.
Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now