Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Made a stupid mistake

(4 Posts)
MOISTOWLETT Sat 11-Mar-17 21:08:45

I had enough and I cut myself again. It had been so long since I last did it. I'm only young and I know I need to get help but I'm scared and I don't know where to turn. Please can I get some advice.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 11-Mar-17 21:22:06

You have come to a good place. there are people here who will try their best. Saying that I am old (60) and have seen a fair bit, yet I don't understand it.

That is not to say you are in any way bad or stupid. Just I don't understand self harm. I know a lot of young women do it so it must express something, but that somthing is outside my experience. Will you try and help me understand it by explaining what and how you feel? Please be assured there is no judgement on my part.

ThisisMrsNicolaHicklin Sat 11-Mar-17 21:36:14

OP, please phone NHS24 or whatever the service is called in your area. It's as confidential as a doctor's appointment and they will get you the help you need to get through the night both for the physical injuries and the mental health condition of which they are a symptom.
It's a hard road but loads of us have tramped it before you and you will be better in the fullness of time. Get help tonight, you've taken the first step by posting here, you've already done the hardest part. If you can't face the NHS yourself please speak to someone in RL. How you feel is much more common than anyone ever appreciates. Good luck, you are amazing x

NolongerAnxiousCarer Sat 11-Mar-17 22:41:55

OP I understand the urges and how hard they can be to resist. I find distraction helpful to a point, and setting little targets like waiting 5 mins and then if I can do that waiting another 5 mins and riding the urge out this way.

Do your wounds need medical attention if so get to A&E. If not and it is less urgent can you talk to someone in rl about it? A parent, teacher, friend? Ultimately you need to speak to your GP or school nurse if you are still at school, don't worry they will have heard it all before, you wont shock them. They can refer you to the appropriate MH service to get propper support to tackle the root of the problem. For me its stress related, when I am stressed I get the urges to SH so reducing my stress levels reduces the urges.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: