Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

trying to fight incredibly strong urge to od

(7 Posts)
whiskersonkittens Wed 12-Feb-14 19:45:01

told dh - he just said 'don't be silly'. Hard for him as he has no clue and I have been so much better lately.
However felt so sad last few days and then today I think there was a trgigger into something that I cannot even remember; I am now lying on the bed clutching a teddy and crying.
Weird as before I have only felt like od-ing when really sad/down but this time it seems like a real conscious thing - I know I don't want to, I remind myself that my kids need me and I have my safety plan but none of it is working fully. I have an almost physical urge to get up and walk to the cupboard with the pills...
Fighting it for now, but it scares me

FannyFifer Wed 12-Feb-14 19:53:57

Are you under a mental health team? Try have an early night and contact someone first thing.
Hope someone with better advice comes along soon.

FannyFifer Wed 12-Feb-14 20:20:58

How you doing now? X

whiskersonkittens Wed 12-Feb-14 21:11:31

OK atm as watching footie on TV. Think I may pop to the hospital tomorrow and sit in the day lounge - I feel safe there and it is so peaceful. seeing the doc anyway on friday so hopefully he will help if it is still there ...

Honeysweet Wed 12-Feb-14 22:32:36

Hi.
Sounds like a good plan to pop to the hospital tomorrow and sit in the day lounge.

FannyFifer Thu 13-Feb-14 13:00:57

How are you doing this morning?

whiskersonkittens Mon 17-Feb-14 00:41:12

still obsessing about suicide. Spent ages researching it online, got nothing else done so dh came home from work and was angry sad

told the doc on fri but as not actively suicidal when I saw him nothing he can do

the more I think about it the more I want to do it
dreading the next few days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now