Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette, anxiety and depression

(4 Posts)
lightshaddows Fri 02-Sep-16 18:58:49

I've been taking cerazette for about 4 years and am wondering if (having just read online,) whether it could be the cause of my anxiety and depression which started around the same time. I've been through a divorce and an accident so put it down to that but I'm not convinced. I generally feel low most of the time, with periods of intense anxiety that leaves me off work for weeks, in bed and sleeping a lot, yet still feeling exhausted. Before, I was sociable, chatty... Now I have so little enthusiasm for anything. My gp is referring me for chronic fatigue syndrome but I don't think it's that. Any experience?
Apologies if this thread appears twice, I posted it but it disappeared!

ihatethecold Fri 02-Sep-16 19:13:15

I know how you feel op.
I've been on cerezette for 2 years and have developed anxiety but I have put it down to life events.
Personally the good outweighs the bad.
I don't have periods or pmt anymore.

lightshaddows Fri 02-Sep-16 19:20:10

Thanks cold, I'm thinking of stopping the pill because of this... I guess I just stop??

1wokeuplikethis Thu 08-Sep-16 22:16:29

I've been on cerazette for 6 months and have come to the conclusion I think it's messing me up. I feel constantly low, depressed and anxious. Have zero libido. Feel chronically exhausted all the time, I can literally fall asleep several times a day, like narcolepsy. But even after sleeping I feel rough. I'm teary. I'm having bad thoughts. I have loads of headaches which painkillers don't touch. I'm ratty and sour and have nothing to talk about, other than how tired I am.

My husband asked me to go to the dr with my tiredness and feeling low. But I think it is related to cerazette so I'm going to stop taking it and see how I feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now