Talk

Advanced search

Roller skating

(6 Posts)

Does anyone do this? I went to a roller disco at the weekend and loved it so much I have ordred skates.

I'm thinking of going skating down the cycle path/ bridelway near me. Its very flat and smooth tarmac. Will people snigger at me?

no?

cyteen Tue 14-Jul-09 16:32:08

Shamefully, I own a pair of roller skates but have been too scared to go out in them blush I loved skating when I was a kid, really should just bite the bullet and do it.

I want someone to start a roller derby league near me grin

moonmother Tue 14-Jul-09 16:38:59

I used to skate at least 8 hours a week right up till I was 23-24.

I loved it and it was great exercise, and it kept me very fit.

Sadly I fell in love and skating went out the window. sad

DD (9) has recently been skating at a Roller Disco with one of her friends and has been asking for a pair of skates.

Think it may possibly be the perfect excuse for me to get a pair too, and some girlie time , whilst I teach her all the tricks grin

Then again, it could just end up with people looking , staring and thinking what the hell is that almost middle aged woman doing on a pair of skates, lol

I'm taking DD to a family roller disco at the weekend so hopefluuy there will be other mums there. I would love to do roller derby as well.

I think its going to be good exercise so what the hell if people laugh?

cyteen Tue 14-Jul-09 17:47:52

If only you both lived nearby, we could all go and show ourselves up together grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now