Talk

Advanced search

can i have a minute to be proud of myself! running!

(9 Posts)
morethanyoubargainfor Tue 23-Jun-09 11:49:50

It might not seem like much to anybody else, but have decided this is the year to do other sports, so have bought bike and taken up running!

I have just come back from first run in public (something i really didn't want to do). Managed fairly well although think a marathon is a long way off!

Not only did i run in public i ran in front of strangers (normally very quiet field, today however everyones favourite place!) and then ran home through the village. I did it in small chunks of running/walking as per plan.

I;m so proud of myself and wanted to share with you guys! grin

harleyd Tue 23-Jun-09 11:53:06

good for you smile
i used to only run after dark so people couldnt see me puffing and panting grin but the only chance i get now is at teatime
keep it up..it doesnt take long to build up fitness

Lizzylou Tue 23-Jun-09 11:54:58

Well done you grin
I run, well am just getting back into it after a bit of a break and the big thing for me was running in front of people. Where we live is very hilly, so I was scared people would laugh at me trying to haul my fat ass up the hills.
They didn't, I kept it up and I lost loads of weight as a result, it is surprising how quickly you can build up your distance/speed.
Am just starting again after a bit of a break.
Good for you!

morethanyoubargainfor Tue 23-Jun-09 11:55:03

doesn't it? it seems a long of to me! grin I walk and can do lots of that, i did the moonwalk this year with no real problems apart from lack of sleep! so hopefully running will kick in soon as well then!

Thanks

Joolsiam Tue 23-Jun-09 12:10:05

Very impressed I do lots of gym work, and run in the gym but have never braved outside - keep meaning to but wimp out. Maybe you can be my inspiration

Joolsiam Tue 23-Jun-09 12:10:26

Very impressed I do lots of gym work, and run in the gym but have never braved outside - keep meaning to but wimp out. Maybe you can be my inspiration

morethanyoubargainfor Tue 23-Jun-09 12:28:22

sounds like a plan jools, i will continue if you start to run outside! wink

Joolsiam Tue 23-Jun-09 21:22:29

I'm up for a challenge grin

Got a back injury at the mo, that has sadly squashed my idea of training for the race for life in a couple of weeks, but I'll start running as soon as I can without feeling like my pelvis is going to fall apart !!

Wallace Tue 23-Jun-09 21:26:05

Well done

I have been running for two years and it really has changed my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now