Talk

Advanced search

Exercise with a broken toe

(7 Posts)
TowerRose Mon 16-Oct-17 20:38:38

Hi everyone! Hope you can help. I'm a bit of a newbie with exercise but I've been trying to do a little bit everyday. I've bought an old wii fit just to help me track weight and think about exercise a bit more and I've been doing bits and bobs with that. I've also been using the treadmill about 3 times a week. Unfortunately I broke my toe on the weekend and I'm not sure what exercise I can do to help me lose weight without putting too much pressure on it! Does anyone have any ideas?

1DAD2KIDS Mon 16-Oct-17 20:45:18

Static seated/lying down weight exercises. Lots of exercises you can do without putting pressure on you feet (as I found out durring a long ankle injury). You'll burn calorie, sweat and get a bit stronger too.

MaidOfStars Wed 18-Oct-17 09:14:58

Cycling.

Zoesweet Fri 20-Oct-17 11:38:17

Yes, there are a lot stationary exercises that doesn't need standing up or putting pressure on your feet and toes and the effect is just as the same.

Mivery Fri 20-Oct-17 18:54:31

You could easily keep lifting weights while seated!

spidey66 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:00:38

Swimming? Or just rest till it's healed.....

Pippioddstocking Fri 24-Nov-17 22:47:50

Look on YouTube and type in " exercises with a broken leg " . I was in your position earlier this year and found quite a few . I was also still able to use the cross trainer as long as I wore a hard / firm soled walking boot on the effected foot .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now