Talk

Advanced search

Pelvic floor - oh my!

(7 Posts)
peanutbutter789 Thu 19-Jan-17 16:01:38

So this may be TMI... today I had my first run since the birth of my baby 6m ago. I had thought my pelvic floor was doing ok but running showed me otherwise, an embarassing and uncomfortable amount of leakage (ugh, feels awful just writing it!!). I know I need to do more pelvic floor exercises but any other running mummies out there with tips/encouragement that it gets better?!

mypropertea Thu 19-Jan-17 16:05:09

Next time your on your period, try running with a tampax. If that helps, you can get plastic inserts. Also ask your gp for a referral to the bladder and bowel team, they will check your doing your exercises correctly etc.

sniffle12 Thu 19-Jan-17 23:30:18

Same but I was on a trampoline! blush

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Fri 20-Jan-17 17:26:59

Trampolines are evil. Shame because I love them.

It does get better with time and pelvic floor exercises. DS was quite brutal to me. I can manage a gentle pace ok, but if I sprint, the impact exceeds my limit.

I wear washable pads for backup. My mooncup does help reduce leakage too. I must remember it for the trampoline park next week!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 20-Jan-17 17:29:02

Also make sure you land on your forefoot not your heel, fast short pace you want about 175 steps a minute. Also consider running up the hills.and walking down them, and running off road.

These will reduce impact slightly.

peanutbutter789 Sat 21-Jan-17 10:04:55

Thank you! Also I think there is a women's health physio service that I can be referred to, so that may help make sure I am doing the exercises properly. Happy running smile

Tightarseinleggings Sun 29-Jan-17 08:21:48

My last child was born 9 yrs ago and im having problems.

I run about 20 miles a week. I can do a half and run across the finish line dry. Then the following week a 10k and im wetblush. This is with going to the toilet to squeeze every single drop out.

Last week i went to a new circuit class . Loo before leaving the house. Then found a bush to go again. Great I thought!

Then we had to do 30 skips with a rope......

tena lady would not be enoughblushangry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now