Talk

Advanced search

Is there a child pedometer without a calorie counter?

(6 Posts)
EnidB Thu 29-Dec-16 09:56:13

Just that really. Can anyone recommend a child wrist pedometer that doesn't have a calorie counter on it. Bad enough age 8 the girls are comparing weights. I don't mind healthy step competition, but want to avoid calorie counting at her age - even if it is burning them smile

mytinselsinatangle Thu 29-Dec-16 10:06:03

I'd be interested too but I've not seen one. I had wondered whether you can turn that bit off fitbits and things but I'm not very technically minded .

patientzero Thu 29-Dec-16 10:13:26

You can definitely turn that function off on a Fitbit so although it probably still monitors/records the data you can't see it whilst looking at your device or the app

musicteacheriz Thu 29-Dec-16 10:13:58

I had a mi fit band that didn't count calories, however you'd need some kind of device (iPad etc) to sync it too as it has no screen

MuchasSmoochas Thu 29-Dec-16 10:14:58

Our kids wanted fitbits for Christmas which we were not getting due to the cost and the fact that they are kids for goodness sake! However we gave in and got them these cheapies which have been really good. Yes they've got calories but my two don't know what they are. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01D30U87I/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_gr_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DK8P4KBP9X13F1VV5REN

EnidB Thu 29-Dec-16 10:31:42

Thanks music and patient I'll investigate that. Muchas I totally agree, and she didn't get one. However all her cousins were comparing steps when they met up and she felt left out. I'll avoid calories as long as I can!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now