Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to ne seeing definition already??

(7 Posts)
MsMarvel Sat 26-Mar-16 22:21:46

Been going to the gym a lot since october, amd see a personal trainer weekly.

We do a lot of abs work so I know its not a massive shock that im toning up, but ive not been overly careful with what ive been eating so still have a 'tummy'

Noticed today that above my stomach I can see what looks like the starting of abs definition, but it looks a bit odd when it leads down to a slightly wobbly tummy!

Can it be abs comeing trough from underneath the extra padding?? And if so, any tips on how to lose the tummy?

nbee84 Sat 26-Mar-16 22:56:35

I seem to have that too - been going to the gym for a year now. A definite shadow of abs above the belly button, but I have a jelly belly below. I have fairly good arm/shoulder/back definition. BMI of 23 so I could loose a bit of weight but I don't think the belly will ever be flat sad

Definitely changing shape though - I'm about the same weight as a year ago but have just had to buy size 10 jeans to tuck my belly into instead of 12 halo grin

I'll be watching out for tips too.

MsMarvel Sat 26-Mar-16 23:04:43

Im glad its not just me!

Im noticing good arm definition, and my thighs have toned up a lot, but still have my tummy.

Im at the top end of healthy BMI so still have work to do to bring that down a bit.

Really want to discover whether i have abs under my tummy!! Its crossed my mind to do a tea detox thing as a kick start, but dont know if this is the healthiest way to do it.

nbee84 Sat 26-Mar-16 23:17:29

I would love to drop 10lbs or so to see some more muscle definition but lack the willpower to stop eating! If I press through all the excess flab my abs feel quite solid when I tense them up, though there is room for improvement. After reading your opening post I'm wondering about a 30 min pt session each week just to focus on my abs.
I have a terrible sweet tooth and I'd be about 2 stone heavier if it wasn't for all my gym sessions grin

MsMarvel Sat 26-Mar-16 23:54:04

I originally started seeing my PT in October with the plan of seeing her for about a month to learn how things work etc, and 6 months later i still see her once a week for an hour, and have no plans to stop anytime soon. If you can afford it, definately give it a go. I weighed it up against the amount i was spending on take aways and found that i could afford to keep her on.

I still go myself between sessions and can get a good workout done, but i still get so much more out of my PT sessions, and can push myself far closer to failure on reps because i know she is there spotting me.

nbee84 Sun 27-Mar-16 13:48:58

I go to classes - pump, spin, hiit, body conditioning. I mix it up quite a lot so I don't get bored. I usually go 5 days a week and do a double class on a Saturday. The classes are great for pushing me, I certainly wouldn't get as much out of a lone gym session. I'll have to see if I can slot a pt session in somewhere.

And well done and keep going smile We'll have those abs at some point!

mumofthemonsters808 Sun 27-Mar-16 14:06:04

I was a good twelve months before I began to see any definition in my tummy, during that time I was blasting off the fat and then concentrated upon toning.Maybe I could have achieved this sooner if I cut out the sugar,.Keep with it, you will see results, it just takes a lot of time and determination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now