Talk

Advanced search

Exercise to lose upper back fat

(9 Posts)
theshooglypeg Mon 22-Feb-16 13:59:39

Since I had my second baby last summer I have acquired love handles on my upper back, just under my bra strap. I am not keen on them at all: can anyone suggest exercises to target this area? I'm doing running and yoga. Thanks.

Katenka Mon 22-Feb-16 14:01:54

You can't target one are to lose fat.

You need to reduce overall body fat and it goes from where it goes, unfortunately.

Are you heavier than when you got pregnant? Maybe just eat healthily and do the activities that you enjoy.

theshooglypeg Mon 22-Feb-16 20:24:14

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case. I'm not really heavier anywhere else, most of the weight has come off now. Guess I'll just have to cut down my cake intake!

RJnomore1 Mon 22-Feb-16 20:26:24

Rows will help though.

JapanNextYear Mon 22-Feb-16 20:30:25

I've been doing kettle bells, 45 min work out in a class using kettle bells, twice a week and circuits twice a week. Since Christmas. I've really toned Up and I've noticed that the back fat is definitely reducing. I think it is mostly the kettle bells. I can do a press up now which I couldn't before. So maybe some strength/ weight training.

Ubik1 Mon 22-Feb-16 20:32:12

I've found yoga helps. All that downward dog

theshooglypeg Tue 23-Feb-16 14:06:39

Thanks, have never tried kettle bells.

dementedpixie Tue 23-Feb-16 14:10:17

Powerhoop has helped me tone that area. Body pump probably helps too

dementedpixie Tue 23-Feb-16 14:13:30

www.powerhoop.co.uk/Powerhoop_Study

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now