Talk

Advanced search

Running apps - I want it all

(6 Posts)
eightytwenty Thu 13-Feb-14 13:56:41

I am training for a 10k in may, having managed to get up to the 5k mark last year.

I used the nike run app to mark distance and speed. However I didnt really ever get past the 5k & now I'm dead mark.

So this year I've been using the zen lab c210k. But I'm not loving the app - it fails to record runs I've done (how dare it!) and I can't track speed/ splits.

Does anyone know of an app that could do both for me ie tell me what to run in order to build up to a 10k, and track my speed as I go? Today I had both apps running at the same time draining my battery!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 13-Feb-14 13:57:45

Micoach?

FreeButtonBee Thu 13-Feb-14 14:13:03

Run keeper is good

eightytwenty Thu 13-Feb-14 15:50:21

Thanks. Have downloaded run keeper. Looks like a good ap but very scary 10k plan & not sure I can fit in more than 3 runs per week (I also swim 3 times per week and spin).

Running is not my love - but I do like triathlons so want to get to the point that 5k seems entirely do-able as opposed to the big challenge it is now.

EauRouge Thu 13-Feb-14 16:13:12

You can input your own training plan into Runkeeper. Have a google of training plans online and just pick one you like the look of. I used Runkeeper before I got my Garmin and found it pretty good.

eightytwenty Thu 13-Feb-14 16:37:27

Thanks eau. Could use zen labs programme which I've been following for 4 weeks and the time increases seem to be manageable so far.

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now