Talk

Advanced search

a question for all you runners

(9 Posts)
arpeggio Mon 26-Sep-11 14:46:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

butterflyexperience Mon 26-Sep-11 17:18:34

I'm looking to get some floresant gear as in jacket and those plastic illumines yellow bands that wrap round your limbs and put round my ankles.
Not sure what to wear in the cold though?

arpeggio Mon 26-Sep-11 18:54:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brighthair Mon 26-Sep-11 19:32:22

Head lamp?

Sleepwhenidie Mon 26-Sep-11 19:39:05

Hi arpeggio, it's definitely not just a summer thing! Get on over to the very friendly runners united thread and you can get advice on what type of shoes to wear running on ice/snow confused! Not sure I would be quite that keen but for dark and cooler weather layer up with running tights, sleeved tops, windproof jackets (all with reflective bits somewhere) as necessary. Also, as bright air said (joking?) a headtorch would be best plan for you by the sound of it! Finally, when it gets much colder I think most people feel the need for earmuffs/warm headband over ears and gloves to keep fingers warm. Hth

Sleepwhenidie Mon 26-Sep-11 19:39:57

Sorry brighthair damn autocorrect changed your name!

nametapes Mon 26-Sep-11 19:39:57

Sports Direct sell some fab stuff to make you visible in the dark. There is an area to purchase jogging/running gear. Wear white trainers with lots of luminous flourescent strips on them . Bright pink or luminous yellow jacket/shirts. You can buy torches for heads, maybe you might find in Oswald Bailey , possibly Sports direct...

brighthair Mon 26-Sep-11 20:03:12

Half joking half serious grin
I've used one for mucking out horses in the dark before

StrangewaysHereICome Tue 27-Sep-11 22:11:29

i regularly run in the dark with a head torch, I would fall flat on my face without it! It's definitely not a summer only thing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now