Talk

Advanced search

Couch to 5K - jump to 20 minutes a bit too fast?

(6 Posts)
octopusinabox Wed 27-Jul-11 19:35:59

Does anyone else think the week 5 last run is a bit too much of a jump? I've just completed the second one and can't imagine being able to do 20 minutes non stop. It's not a mental thing definitely a physical one .. I was struggling from the 2nd minute of the 2nd 8 minute run this time round.

Should I do the second run a few more times first do you think?

ZZMum Thu 28-Jul-11 14:35:57

welcome to my world = have been on this week for ages now - I think the step up is too big so am doing it in my own time but then that defeats objective of the course!

I wonder if am going to be stick on week 5 for ever!

octopusinabox Thu 28-Jul-11 16:49:12

Have you tried the 20 minutes yet?

Are you closing the gap and decreasing the walking time or waiting until you get fitter and more confident to do it?

I might give it a go tomorrow but will fall back on the second one if it's a disaster. I don't want anything to put me off as so far this has been going well - at least I've stuck it out this long.

If you want a bit of encouragement to try the 20 minutes I can try and help smile

cupcake78 Sun 31-Jul-11 20:06:19

Wonder how your getting on? I was terrified of a block run but took my time (so slow!) and thought the worse that can happen is I have to do week 4 a few more times.

I was amazed when I did it and can now run for 35mins, although my distance needs some working on!

octopusinabox Tue 09-Aug-11 19:01:31

Hi cupcake smile

I completed week 5 last week and am now on the 2nd run of week 6 next. The 20 minutes wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It might have helped that I was away so running in an unknown place so had more to look at but it went well and I did it!

so have you funished the plan? well done on running 35 minutes!

Furball Tue 09-Aug-11 19:14:56

take it really, really slow, just a teeny bit quicker than walking. You will be fine. It works - Honest!

I've done it a few times and was blown away by the miracle that I can run after following this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now