Talk

Advanced search

If you run in the evenings, is it better to ......

(5 Posts)
IlanaK Sat 25-Jun-11 21:06:06

stick with that time even though the forecast is set to be 29 degrees tomorrow or should I run in the morning before it gets too hot? I am not a morning person and always run around 6:30 pm.

Help me decide!

rubyrubyruby Sat 25-Jun-11 21:08:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IlanaK Sat 25-Jun-11 21:11:52

Do you think it wil have cooled down then? I was thinking. Wold have to wait until much later in the day for it to really cool down and I don't fancy running late at night. I could wait as late as 7 or even 7:30, but no later.

Amaris Sat 25-Jun-11 21:12:11

At 6.30pm you should be able to find some good shade down one side of most roads. Or is there anywhere else where it's more shady? Or go out but do a shorter session (speed / hill intervals?) and make sure you're well hydrated. If it doesn't work out for you, you'll know next time to run in the morning.

IlanaK Sat 25-Jun-11 21:14:35

Yes, it is definitely shady n one side of the road when I normally go out, I can't run shorter time as I am doing couch 2 5k and starting week 5. I was just worried about the humidity, maybe I will take a water bottle with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now