Talk

Advanced search

Milton Abbey

(11 Posts)
CharlieApril2017 Sat 08-Apr-17 05:57:36

Does anyone have current views on Milton Abbey? Thinking of it for DS for sixth form but see different and wide opinions on the place. Much appreciated.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:00:06

I once sat on a train listening to a Milton Abbey pupil complain bitterly to her mother about how her classes were disrupted by pupils who had been excluded from 'all their other schools'.

It is pretty much bottom of the barrel I'm afraid. Have you no other options?

BareBum Sun 16-Apr-17 22:33:09

Could be ok if he's not very bright.

salsamummy Mon 17-Apr-17 22:52:19

I also hear a mixed view of it. I have friends who have children there who are very happy and doing well but sadly its reputation has not been good in the past so even if it is improving it will take years to shake off its previous reputation. It's a shame really as looking for a good day school for my son.
If you are local I would send him to Thomas Hardye sixth form.

salsamummy Thu 11-May-17 08:04:22

I am going to the open day on Saturday as the only negative things I have heard are from people who haven't actually been there. Our headmaster said to me that it is changing so I am going with an open mind. :-)

Jessopy Mon 10-Jul-17 19:30:34

I wouldn't recommend Milton Abbey. The kids don't have any work ethic, are bored at weekends so get up to all sorts, and there is bullying. Moreover, the new headmaster is appalling. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

salsamummy Mon 10-Jul-17 21:04:55

Jessopy can I ask where you have got this information? You can PM if you prefer.

MuminHampshire Wed 12-Jul-17 08:20:01

Jessopy I would also like to know more details about this as relevant to us, particularly comments about the headmaster - also happy for a PM.

Jessopy Wed 12-Jul-17 14:28:27

MuminHampshire - We have recently had a child at the school. What other details would you like to know? I presume you are considering the school for your child... With regards the headmaster, the reviews on uk.ratemyteacher appear pretty accurate.

cherrypye Sat 11-Nov-17 21:26:22

Just unearthed this post and wanted to present another side? I moved my perfectly bright but lazy DS for 6th form to Milton Abbey and its been the best move we ever made. He is So happy, doing so well and has made so many super friends. I recommend heartily. Happy to PM anybody who wants to discuss further.

petrova Sun 12-Nov-17 18:54:03

We have friends who moved their son to Milton Abbey for sixth form. He is very happy there and it has been a great move for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now