Talk

Advanced search

At home insemination tips please

(9 Posts)
Tanyelx Wed 22-Nov-17 13:57:59

Will be ovulating in the next few days as opk is nearly positive. We are trying st home insemination tonight and in 2 days time then day of ovulation.
Does anyone have any tips for it?
We have syringe, specimen cups and a soft cup/moon cup.
Need advice as this is our first time trying insem
How long to keep sperm out of body before inserting.
How long to keep soft cup in.
Any other tips welcome!
Thanks

Tanyelx Wed 22-Nov-17 13:59:44

Also we have conceive plus lube. Shall we use that and if so how? Mix with sperm, insert before insem?

Angelmummy17 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:56:55

@tanelx hi I'm currently trying this process too, this is my 2nd cycle trying praying for a miracle!
I didn't use soft cups or pre-seed but I've read lots where people have, if it doesn't work this month I'll try it next month.. good luck

Kateandcaz Mon 04-Dec-17 09:43:11

Hi both, just finished our first cycle unsuccessfully sad how did you both get on?

kikibo Mon 04-Dec-17 10:08:38

No donor sperm here, but I made our daughter (who's sitting on my lap now) with home insemination. Husband is impotent. Worked on 4th cycle.

I used to put my pelvis tilted up and stay there for half an hour . Or I inseminated just before bed.

Some of the sperm will always get pushed out again or be absorbed so I wouldn't worry about it. Though obviously getting up straight after isn't such a good idea. That said lots of babies have been made during quickies I'm sure...

Moo8879 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:48:32

@kikibo I sat with legs up for an hour after, 3 insems last cycle but pretty certain the timing was way off. Hopefully we can get it bang on this time

kikibo Sat 09-Dec-17 20:19:27

Well, I hope it works out for you 😊.

I forgot to say I also always made sure I had an ahem orgasm as the contractions that causes are meant to help the sperm advance quicker. They go inwards iyswim.

Don't know whether it was really that important, but thought it couldn't do any harm either. Makes sense though. And it made the whole thing a lot less clinical.

Moo8879 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:24:38

Thanks @kikibo Just place our order for delivery on Friday. Cycle 2 here we go

Angelmummy17 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:46:40

I got my solid smiley on Friday (which stayed on the holder until yesterday), inseminated fri and sat n today (I don’t know why i did it) I just tested again and got another solid smiley??? So confusing xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now