Talk

Advanced search

Home insemination success stories?

(79 Posts)
ND23 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:22:59

So after a struggle of 2 years of my husband not being able to ejaculate/ struggling to have sex with me we have decided to try self insemination. I'd love to hear Of your success stories and any advice would be great ? We have been using a needless syringe and legs in the air for about 30 mins or so, this is first time trying so wether it's been a success or not we don't know smile

Discotastic Thu 09-Nov-17 12:33:26

Thanks for the replies, sorry to hear the witch got you Derf 17.

Maybe next cycle we will both get lucky.

I have another question..... did you and your partners have sex before insemination or did you just get your partners to deliver the deposit so to speak confused.

My DH really isn't keen on this route and wants to keep on trying to ejaculate through sex first, which we've been doing for months with only a handful of successful occasions sad To be honest it has become equally as soul destroying for me as it is him.

Plumplum33 Thu 16-Nov-17 13:49:08

Hello, hope I can join the conversation. I'm in my second month of TTC.
I was only able to meet up with my donor once this month so fingers crossed. Now in the 2 week waiting period.
.'*'-..'*'-..'*'-.baby dust! .'*'-..'*'-..'*'-.

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 11:31:58

Hi plumplum33
I'm a single person trying this method currently in my 2ww. I have been tracking bbt and this morning at 5dpo I had a spike in temp is this normal?
Anyone?
GL everyone

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 11:49:13

I've only been using the stick tests to check my ovulation so I'm not sure sorry.
Good luck xx

Derf17 Fri 17-Nov-17 12:07:20

Angle mummy 17
I don’t want to get hopes up but if temp stays up then I think I read it’s a sign of pregnancy smile google BBT charts will get loads some with what they like if pregnant. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Discotastic
I personally don’t know as we don’t coz we using Donnor sperm feels wrong to have sex around that time too. But I have read that other people who are in similar situation as you still have sex but for fun and coz they fancy it, then insemitate for conception. Ask your DH to just give it a try a couple of times and if he does hate it diccuss again with him. It might not be as bad/strange as he thinks. Good luck

Discotastic Fri 17-Nov-17 15:34:55

Hope everyone is well,

Experiencing peak fertility today so should probably get busy syringing tonight but I have a cold and feeling meh!

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 15:41:49

Thanks Derf17 I'm really hoping so but trying so hard not to get my hopes up too much.. I'm only 5dpo and already have the urge to test but know it won't show anything up this early.. I've had twinges in both sides and under my belly button around 2-3dpo and frequent bowel movements (daily) which is more than usual I'm not sure if I'm just symptom spotting but I don't think of anything else throughout my days/nights I feel I'm about to drive myself crazy grin

Plumplum33 thank you.. and to u too x

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 15:44:07

Plumplum33 how many dpo are u? X

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:12:24

Discotastic
Excellent wishing you all the luck in the world x

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:14:07

Angel - ovulation was due today however the test was negative this morning but I forgot to test Tuesday and Wednesday so fingers crossed it came early as we inseminated on Wednesday evening. But I will continue to check for ovulation over the weekend. Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:34:34

Plumplum33
This was my first month tracking anything i was quite lucky to catch my ovulation which was positive on a cheapie opk last fri though negative on clearblue and on the sat both the cheapie and the clearblue where positive by the Sunday both were negative again. But on the sun-mon my temp spiked and that's when fertility friend says I ovulated. I inseminated every day before ovulation from the Sunday prior to it then the mon and wed of this week so I'm really hoping I've caught it too. Are u using any apps to track? Good luck x

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:42:52

Angel- thank you! And I'm using Flo. I wish I was able to see my donor that often however he was only available one day this time around. Fingers crossed for us both.
I haven't looked into the whole temping thing to be honest. Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:55:50

Plumplum33
My donor is actually my ex partner, unfortunately our little girl was stillborn at 30 weeks and although we weren't together at that time, we have become good friends and he is happy to help me out. I guess I'm quite lucky. I hope you have caught it I really do.. this is my first month but I'm feeling my luck is due to change so I'm staying positive it's just hard waiting, you'd think in this day and age there would be tests that could tell you right away lol xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:56:48

Plumplum33 have u only been testing once a day on opk? Xx

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:57:45

Angel- yes, do you think I should be doing it more than once? Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:04:47

I'm not 100% sure I just read up on it a lot and some folk where testing 3 times a day, I was testing twice after reading that. I used my fmu and then tested again around 5pm. The reason I used my fmu was because every night I'm up through the night to the loo. But if you suspect you've missed your ovulation maybe it's an idea to test twice a day as ur LH surge might just be short.. I would defo recommend temping too I bought 50 one step ovulation sticks and a babymad basal body thermometer for less than £15 from amazon xx

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:15:02

Angel- thank you for the advice, I'll start testing twice a day from tomorrow. Keep me updated on your journey xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:16:21

Plumplum33
Thank you! and good luck to you too. Fingers crossed for us all xx

Plumplum33 Mon 20-Nov-17 14:18:03

So yesterday I was sick twice and had a headache, spent the day sleeping. Today I felt better but then felt sick again.
Hoping this is a good sign or just a sickness bug haha.
How is everyone else? Xx

Angelmummy17 Mon 20-Nov-17 19:35:49

@plumplum33 - hi I've not been feeling too great either hoping it's a good thing too. Had a an icky tummy last night and been feeling sick on n off today. I'm not a sicky person (had no sickness last time) so here's hoping.. I had a massive temp drop this morning but I woke up an hour before taking it so I'm assuming it's to do with that or not feeling great.. but I've been googling it all day still not got any answers lol there's a lot of bugs going around here so I'm hoping I've not picked one of them up.
Any other signs?
X

Plumplum33 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:36:06

Fingers crossed for you Angel, I had a hot flush earlier and I'm only 23 haha so just hoping that it's all little signs.
I still feel nauseous sad I'm not a sicky person and was sick twice yesterday.
Xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 14:48:59

@plumplum33 - ooh exciting I'll say my prayers for u that it's good news. Today I'm feeling fine, a little tired and a skin break out on my chin.. tested positive on opk this morning n I'm a bit confused as to why that is, any ideas? I'm now 9dpo x

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 17:12:09

@Angelmummy17 I also had lots of clear cm yesterday in my pants which is different than other cycles, I've never noticed it before. Today I've been having a few cramps but nothing major. I'm only 4DPO I think and just waiting till AF is due to test.
I'm new to all this so I'm sorry I don't know why your opk was positive. Hopefully it's all good signs for us both. Xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 18:40:20

@Plumplum33 - I think I might be out I'm having some brown discharge only when I wipe (sorry) though. Been really sleepy today and having major skin breakout on my chin. Hoping I'm not tho. Are u still nauseous today? X

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 18:43:40

@Angelmummy17 you not out until AF comes smile stay positive! And no just some cramping today xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »