Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you love camping so much.........

(44 Posts)
FairyOnTheChristmasTree Sat 11-Aug-07 12:59:25

.........that you would ever do it without the DC?

Peachy Sat 11-Aug-07 13:00:48

Yes of course

would love a weekend away with just dh camping

but whereas i'd never take the Dc to a hotel( panic attacks at idea) I also like a nice hotel with dh

PeachesMcLean Sat 11-Aug-07 13:14:33

God yes! <<instantly starts dreaming of smaller tents and less gear and sleeping in and.....>> Oooohhhh....

TBH, would miss DS too much though at this stage.

PeachesMcLean Sat 11-Aug-07 13:15:26

Oh and really tiny interesting campsites with no playgrounds and no caravans. Aaaahhh....

Doodledootoo Sat 11-Aug-07 13:33:38

Message withdrawn

Troutpout Sat 11-Aug-07 23:52:35

Oh god yes...i can't blardy wait
smaller tent...less stuff...longer lay-ins...
<<sigh>>

RubberDuck Sun 12-Aug-07 10:27:54

Definitely. Although once the kids have left home I can see us progressing from folding camper to a proper caravan or motor home so there's less setting up to do and we can be lazy quicker

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 10:31:00

I fancy van too. My bones are bad at 39, so I'm not sure I could cope with getting off an airbed at 55! Once we've both retired, I reckon we'll be off most of the summer.

RubberDuck Sun 12-Aug-07 10:33:40

Yeah, some neighbours of ours recently bought a motor home and they're off most weekends. Plus they have their own loo/washbasin/shower. Am so jealous

Kbear Sun 12-Aug-07 10:35:04

No, I think without the kids I would stay in fancy hotels and swan about like the queen. Camping = family fun IMO but when they are grown and flown I will take myself upmarket!!

RubberDuck Sun 12-Aug-07 10:36:35

Hmm, but when you're retired will you really be able to afford to spend most of the summer/weekends in a hotel? I don't think we will...

... but camping you can go at whim whenever the weather forecast is good. And in a van you can go when the weather is cold too so pretty much all year round. That really appeals to me!

Kbear Sun 12-Aug-07 10:37:48

Yes, I will sell my house and worldly goods and swan off into the sunset! After a year I will end up back in a two man tent eating beans out of the tin!

RubberDuck Sun 12-Aug-07 10:38:18

LOL

MintChocChippyMinton Sun 12-Aug-07 10:39:53

Dfeinately would go without DC. In a nice van. My parents have a bigger van now than they had when there were FIVE of us going away as kids .

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 10:40:03

Well, you're not bunking down in my van if you've run out of money! Morning love!

Kbear Sun 12-Aug-07 10:42:34

No, seriously, I dream of a big motorhome. I will be parked up at my favourite campsite, looking out on the loch while DH fishes (and catches precious little!) and I will knit and drink wine and pity the little people in their tents getting blown away!

Kbear Sun 12-Aug-07 10:43:18

Maureen, we will be like those two couples on the bench in FW last year! Dont' forget now.

moljam Sun 12-Aug-07 10:45:06

yes,i love camping with the dc but would be nice without too!

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 10:50:43

Oooh yes! I'll have a bit of that. Sounds perfect! D'ya think the midges will be less keen on our old skin, so we can stay longer, then we might stand a chance of some decent fish for supper.

RubberDuck Sun 12-Aug-07 10:58:35

The fish doesn't appeal but the wine and knitting does

Kbear Sun 12-Aug-07 11:02:07

We will also drink Heather Cream and Sherry and generally be smug about all those young families struggling with kids and rain and high winds and a low budget and we will smug of smugville all warm and toasty in our massive motorhomes that sleep 12!

Shame that when you actually need one of these you can't afford one! I wander campsites drooling over these American Winnebago type motorhomes wondering just who is inside and where did they get the money <<saddo alert>>

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 11:03:11

Not sure about the knitting myself. It bothers me that I won't have a constantly free hand for my wine tbh!

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 11:04:52

Peachy Sun 12-Aug-07 11:05:17

Dh would ne er go for a caravan, and we couldnt afford a winnebago- it'd still be a tent I think )albeit a trailer with 'real' beds).

Our favourite site does a season long pitch ofr under £600, so you can just turn up when you like through June- September..... bliss!

expatinscotland Sun 12-Aug-07 11:06:18

I would definitely camp with no DC! Absolutely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now