Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy plus size (42e) nursing bras online?

(11 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 29-Nov-10 12:05:18

Any ideas? Mothercare sold out in that size, m&s only have ones with two hooks and I think I need more support.

marzipananimal Mon 29-Nov-10 12:17:39

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk is a good website. Big range of sizes, free delivery, and 45 days to return it if you don't want it (good with a new baby!)

AgainMarjorie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:22:09

Are you sure of your size? What are your actual measurements, under bust and at the fullest part?

yellowflowers Mon 29-Nov-10 12:23:33

I am a 44 D at moment (recently measured) but have been told to go up a cup size and down a back size for nursing bras.

Will try that link marzipananimal - thank you

AgainMarjorie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:24:01

Sorry, I should have said, 42E is quite an unusual size. Most women who think they are a size like that turn out to be a 36G or some such, hence the question...

AgainMarjorie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:25:15

mmmmmmmmmmmm. But who measured you, and where? Most bra fitters are honestly worse than useless! Could you post your actual measurements?

Babieseverywhere Mon 29-Nov-10 12:33:50

I wear big bras. I buy any bra I like and use a Nursing Bra Conversion Kit to make it a nursing bra. Motherwear Link Here

You can handsew them, no need for a sewing machine.

AgainMarjorie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:38:38

Yes, those conveion kits are great. I never did find a decent nuring bra in all the time I was feeding!

yellowflowers Mon 29-Nov-10 13:12:30

thanks - I just ordered some online from the site marzipananimal suggests as they have such a good returns policy.

japhrimel Mon 29-Nov-10 17:42:51

If you got measured at mothercare or M&S, I wouldn't believe their measurements TBH. They both would've had me in horrifically badly fitting bras. Thankfully I found Bravissimo.

FlightofFancy Mon 29-Nov-10 19:03:33

M&S are rubbish at the other end of the scales as well - tried to convince me I was a larger back size than I am because their nursing bras don't come in my back size...
Debenhams also do decent measuring in some stores (though I don't know what size they go up to as I had the opposite problem)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: