Talk

Advanced search

9 months and not crawling

(11 Posts)
WonderWoman30 Tue 31-May-16 19:18:23

My DS Is almost 9 months and has no interest in crawling or rolling over. He sits up unaided until he reaches out for something then falls. Is this normal?

Hodooooooooor Tue 31-May-16 19:19:07

Yes. Entirely normal.

katiegg Tue 31-May-16 19:21:34

yip, my ds was over a year old before he crawled. almost 18 months now and just about beginning to walk!

he could sit up from about 8 months and once he figured out how to roll, he would roll from one place to another. he started to commando crawl around about 10/11 months. so your ds sounds entire normal to me! smile

isthatmytshirt Tue 31-May-16 19:22:24

Mine wasn't crawling at nine months. Suddenly decided one day (can't remember when, but wasn't by nine months) that they needed to be moving, so went for it. Crawled for a week or two then decided to walk. Ended up walking "early". So late crawlers aren't destined to be developmentally backwards ;)

Ah how we worry though.

Everything in its own time smile enjoy that you'll find him where you left him for now.

frog51 Tue 31-May-16 19:25:02

My DD sat in one spot ( perfectly happily) for nearly 2 years. Didn't crawl, bum shuffle - nothing until she just got up and started walking one day..DS2 crawled commando- style and DS1did everything as you would expect.. don't worry smile

paxillin Tue 31-May-16 19:26:59

DS never crawled. Bum shuffled, then walked.

EsmesBees Tue 31-May-16 19:27:17

Totally normal. They all do things in their own time. You'll probably notice that while he may crawl later than his peers he'll be more dexterous or talkative.

Artandco Tue 31-May-16 19:28:13

Sounds normal. Neither of mine really crawled. Shuffled a bit then walked just after first birthdays

DailyMailYobos Tue 31-May-16 19:28:31

My DD has just started crawling. She is 12 months

louise987 Tue 31-May-16 19:39:35

My 9 month old is the same. Nothing to worry about! Enjoy them staying in one spot while it lasts grin

lalalemon Wed 01-Jun-16 21:07:54

My niece didn't crawl til 9.5 months and then got up and walked a week later!

My little one is 7 months and trying to crawl but looking more like she's doing breastroke at the mo! She loves to stand and hold on to things though and can walk if we hold her hands. I've a feeling she might do the same as her cousin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now