Advanced search

Help-just found DS flat on face in cot

(5 Posts)
Lambster76 Wed 31-Oct-12 00:31:06

just had the fright of my life when I found DS aged 5 months flat on his stomach with ace buried in mattress.
He has a cold & cough & hasn't been sleeping well. Woke up 5 times already since 7am. At 11:30pm he started crying so I went to make his bottle. I was only gone a few minutes & when I went into his nursery he had turned himself anti-clockwise and was lying horizontal against the cot flat on his tummy with face in the mattress. When I watched him playing today he could roll onto his tummy but couldn't roll back again.
Now I'm worried he will roll onto his tummy again during the night & not be able to get back.
I've looked at sleep positioners but they are only recommended up to 6 months & for babies who can't move about!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

He loved his Moses basket but hasn't taken to his cot-he can't seem to find a sleep position he likes-he always rolls onto his side but hat get comfy.

Last few nights he has slept snugly in his pram but he is getting too big for that .. & it's not ideal.

tuckingfits Wed 31-Oct-12 00:36:31

He's probably fine but to save your sanity I'd roll up a couple of blankets & lay them along either side of him when he's laying on his back. I used to do this with my DS & he hasn't come to any harm!

NosFarlotu Wed 31-Oct-12 00:45:08

My DD used to do this a lot and it made me very anxious too. I bought her one of [[ these PurFlo mattresses]] which quite possibly made no difference but did make me a little less concerned.

NosFarlotu Wed 31-Oct-12 00:45:27

NapOfTheDamned Wed 31-Oct-12 00:46:02

See thread....

Lots of babies do this and you clearly can't spend all night righting him. Is it a firm flat mattress with a fitted sheet?

The NHS and FSID advice is turn them if you find them doing this under 6 months or befor they can roll back but do not feel you need to keep getting up all night to check on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now