Talk

Advanced search

Naomi and Claudia

(48 Posts)
Cosycottage4 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:05:04

DD1 is Naomi-would love Claudia for DD2 but DH is convinced people will think we named them after supermodels (Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer)

Obv this isn't the case and would be a bit cringe if people thought that, but i would be surprised if people really made the connection?!

What do you think?

If not Claudia I think Madeleine would be my second choice but not sure it flows so well with our surname....

manicinsomniac Sun 24-Apr-16 14:25:32

I wouldn't make the connection at all and think the names work well together.

But I like Madeleine better than Claudia.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 24-Apr-16 14:27:25

That was my first thought.

grazia reader here

megletthesecond Sun 24-Apr-16 14:30:02

I'd think of Campbell and Schiffer. But I'm quite shallow grin.

They're nice names and normal non fashiony people probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 24-Apr-16 14:31:03

I actually did make the connection the minute I saw the thread title!
Love the names!

Shirkingfromhome Sun 24-Apr-16 14:32:34

I thought 90's supermodels too. Sorry!

Mclaren37 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:44:20

I did make the connection, but I would not have assumed you deliberately named them after the supermodels. Big difference! They are absolutely normal enough names to use if you love Claudia. (Both lovely names too).

havalina1 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:48:30

Thought it soon as I saw the thread title! They better be good looking kids grin

Cosycottage4 Sun 24-Apr-16 15:13:04

Oh no, it looks like DH was right-- for once--

justlikeastar Sun 24-Apr-16 16:32:03

That was my first thought on reading the thread title.

Lovely names though and I wouldn't necessarily think you'd named your girls after the models, IYSWIM.

DerelictMyBalls Sun 24-Apr-16 16:36:23

When I saw your thread header, I thought 'what lovely names' and I didn't make the supermodel connection until I you mentioned it.

SuburbanRhonda Sun 24-Apr-16 16:41:16

Naomi is biblical isn't it? So that's the connection I would make.

Claudia - depends if you pronounce it Claw-dia or Cloud-ia (which I prefer).

LolaStarr Sun 24-Apr-16 17:00:00

I didn't think of the supermodels. Both lovely names!

AngharadTheSplendid Sun 24-Apr-16 17:08:02

I've worked in the fashion industry for the last 10 years and I DIDNT think supermodels. I just thought, those 2 names sound absolutely gorgeous together! Beautiful, grown up names - love them. Go for it! Schiffer and Campbell aren't going to be a thing in your kids generation,

Sophronia Sun 24-Apr-16 17:14:13

It was my first thought on seeing the thread title too! I do think the names go well together though.

314inTheSky Sun 24-Apr-16 20:14:21

I thoyght of it but i love both names. They work well together. Who cares?

LetThereBeCupcakes Sun 24-Apr-16 20:18:06

I made the connection, but slowly. I was mostly thinking about q lovely little girl I once met named Claudia!

People will make the connection, and maybe they'll comment, but TBH it wouldn't put me off using them.

Then again my 3 year old has named his sister so what do I know? grin

I think they sound lovely together, but, yes, I would definitely think it was a deliberate link to the models. How about Claudette?

314inTheSky Tue 26-Apr-16 11:22:08

it's a very 'oh, yeh, now you mention it' kind of link.. and it's not like they're serial killers. Although, Naomi does get cross sometimes :-P
use them OP they're lovely together.

314inTheSky Tue 26-Apr-16 11:24:12

ps, it turns out that my own children's names have a theme, but I didn't realise it at the time. About four times in over a decade the connection has been made.

Cosycottage4 Tue 26-Apr-16 16:00:19

Thanks everyone...even though some of you have made the connection straight away I'd still love to use it-as you say 314, they're not serial killers!

Now I just need to convince DH-he's trying to convince me to go with Lily confused

CruCru Tue 26-Apr-16 20:42:50

I didn't make the connection. I love Claudia (my daughter's name). Both names are quite Jewish, was my thinking.

figureofspeech Wed 27-Apr-16 02:36:53

How about Claudine or Claudette as an alternative to Claudia? I've met a grown up Claudine and she is lovely and super smart.

Cosycottage4 Wed 27-Apr-16 17:28:21

Thanks figure-I went to school with a ghastly claudine so couldn't possibly even though it's a lovely name. Not so keen on Claudette...

Scarydinosaurs Thu 28-Apr-16 06:30:12

I didn't occur to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now