Talk

Advanced search

..to be sick to death of having celebs' teenage kids in every publication I read?

(26 Posts)
womma Fri 09-Oct-09 14:50:59

It can't just to be me? They're just everywhere, the little feckers and their only acheivement? A famous mum or dad - arrgh!!

Don't get me wrong, I love reading fashion mags and have since I was 15 or 16, I love clothes and make up and if it pisses me off so much I should just stop reading them.

I'm really sick of seeing some teenager dressed up in clothes I will never be able to afford just because they're the child of some celeb and they've decided they want to be famous too. It makes me incandescent with rage!

Off to have a camomile tea and a little lie down.

jasper Fri 09-Oct-09 14:53:52

me too.
BOAK

twirlymum Fri 09-Oct-09 14:54:07

The Geldof girls.

I rest my case m'lud.

thedolly Fri 09-Oct-09 14:55:39

Not all the Geldof girls, just the skinny fashionable ones.

Jamieandhismagictorch Fri 09-Oct-09 14:58:00

Yes, but they will be fucked up in the end by celebrity, so perhaps we should fell sorry for them

LOL at "incandescent with rage". Love that phrase

Jamieandhismagictorch Fri 09-Oct-09 14:58:30

feel, not fell

charis Fri 09-Oct-09 15:00:44

I couldn't be less interested in them. In fact I don't think I have ever met anyone who had any interest in them.

womma Fri 09-Oct-09 15:02:42

That's just it, they are of no interest! Pointless little rich kids, nothing more dull.

shootfromthehip Fri 09-Oct-09 15:04:52

YANBU- these useless, vacuous muppets give me the 'incandescent with rage'-es too!! wink

TheCrackFox Fri 09-Oct-09 15:15:29

YANBU. They all seem to have a mssive sense of entitlement "look at me, daddy used to be famous so I should to". I wish they would all piss off an get a normal job.

IMO The Times Style section is the worst for promoting sleb offspring.

starwhoreswonaprize Fri 09-Oct-09 15:24:05

If you have a sleb non discript (is this a word? google says no)accent then just fuck orf.

ViktoriaMac Fri 09-Oct-09 15:25:34

I always wonder what Fifi Geldof thinks of her sisters. I'd shake mine if they acted like that!

starwhoreswonaprize Fri 09-Oct-09 15:34:55

eeerrrghh, I just googled her followed a Daily Mail link and stumbled upon this poor sleb child....

[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1219154/The-Cruises-designer-daughter-Sur i-year-old-million-dollar-wardrobe.html never seen such a worrying future]

starwhoreswonaprize Fri 09-Oct-09 15:35:25

and again

Caitni Fri 09-Oct-09 15:53:41

Urgh at the Suri Cruise article. Am shock that you can even buy such grown up shoes for the child (I mean, I'd wear some of those flats blush which just makes them look wrong on a 3 year old...)

I also am sick of sleb offspring. There seem to be more every week (as the likes of Coco Sumner come out of the woodwork). Boring.

Although am confused by Lily Allen. Hate her annoying dad, think she got her break because of him, find her voice quite irritating but still...I find her a refreshing alternative to the X Factorisation of pop. Confusing!

Bleh Fri 09-Oct-09 16:02:38

YANBU. I did LOVE the pictures that came from NY Fashion Week of Anna Wintour snubbing Pixie/Peaches/Fairydust and their friend at the front row at a show. HILARIOUS.

twirlymum Fri 09-Oct-09 16:03:31

Jaime Winstone
Alfie Allen
Peaches Geldof
Pixie Geldof
Leah Woods
Kelly Osborne
Jack Osborne

Yuk!

CheerfulYank Fri 09-Oct-09 16:03:34

EWWWWW to celeb children. Especially the way the press has reacted to Lourdes, Madonna's daughter. I've read numerous articles on her fashion sense and all around gorgeousness.

She's 12.

She's a child.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!

TheBolter Fri 09-Oct-09 16:09:18

Kimberley Stuart.

I rest my case along with twirlymum's.

Bleh Fri 09-Oct-09 16:13:02

The really sick stuff around being a fashionista, look at how gorgeous she is etc. etc. is Suri Cruise. She's THREE FFS.

fiercebadrabbit Fri 09-Oct-09 16:18:04

Anyone with the surname Jagger

fiercebadrabbit Fri 09-Oct-09 16:19:16

Oh, though my favourite is Bianca Gascoigne

Somehow she is famous for being the step daughter of a wifebeating drunk who long ago played football hmm

southeastastra Fri 09-Oct-09 16:37:26

this is fantastic grin

starwhoreswonaprize Fri 09-Oct-09 16:59:22

That is fantastic!!grin

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 10-Oct-09 09:27:06

What disturbs me most about that article though, is Forbes magazine calling Suri "Hollywood's hottest tot". They, as much as her parents, are guilty of thrusting her inappropriately into the adult world. (I know "hot" isn't referring to sex-appeal, but it is objectifying a child into being a fashion item)

I don't read sleb magazines anymore. Nasty, parasitical, hypocritical

<climbs off high horse>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now