Talk

Advanced search

....to read the 'am i being unreasonable' threads when i need a laugh, because it's hilarious when they descend into squabbling

(65 Posts)
moiunreasonable Fri 14-Aug-09 13:36:49

???

AstronomyDomine Fri 14-Aug-09 13:37:19

Nope - I do it too grin

TheArmadillo Fri 14-Aug-09 13:37:36

surely everyone does that?

squilly Fri 14-Aug-09 13:40:33

It's why I do it. I also like to get aggressive assertive with people on the net as I NEVER would in RL!

shreksmissus Fri 14-Aug-09 13:44:37

Message withdrawn

nickelbabe Fri 14-Aug-09 13:45:53

i thought that the whole point behind them?
grin

moiunreasonable Fri 14-Aug-09 13:52:32

but people get so worked up....
and then offended at the opinions they've asked for!
granted some people are unkind and there is no need, but the bickering is pricelessgrin]

Mumcentreplus Fri 14-Aug-09 13:58:45

Don'cha just luve em?..grin

MaggieBelleVirgo Fri 14-Aug-09 13:59:11

You're right. Some of the bees people get in their bonnets! It's amazing. AIBU to get annoyed that the person delivering fliers for the local pizzeria put 3 through the door, just so that she could go home early? and then, she didn't even shut the gate!!!!

Harimosmummy Fri 14-Aug-09 13:59:14

That's why I read them...

And why I post on them too. grin

I do feel a bit sorry for people who post on AIBU and then get all surprised at the strong reactions, but that's the whole delight of AIBU! grin

weegiemum Fri 14-Aug-09 14:00:09

I do it all the time.

That and the baby names threads

"do you think Tarquin is too posh? Should I stick to Aristotle, or would Abelard be better?"

Love it!

MaggieBelleVirgo Fri 14-Aug-09 14:00:09

ps, that's not directed at anybody today. Imo, the aibus have been slightly less petty and sensitive at the moment than they have been in the past. It became ridiculous at one point.

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 14-Aug-09 14:01:22

Yeah. Me too. I love it when they ask for opinions and then throw their dummy out of the pram when they get them. grin

Seems "What do you think" is code for "you must agree with me"

Sullwah Fri 14-Aug-09 21:24:02

I also love the "Ethical Living" threads when I am feeling a bit down and need a laugh wink

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 14-Aug-09 23:13:36

YANBU, because if you are then so am I. Sullwah, thanks for the tip, must go and look there too ...

Fluffypoms Fri 14-Aug-09 23:15:50

Love It.

scottishmummy Fri 14-Aug-09 23:30:00

don't traipse the detritus of your life around MN and get hump someone has temerity to disagree

i love the AIBU,especially the stroppy dont disagree wiv me OP as common sense descends upon them

oh diddums = well dont post inane shite then

chegirl Sat 15-Aug-09 15:51:57

They are my favourite. I love MNs because of them.

But I have to say I have done a few and people have always been absolutly lovely.

But I tend to post when someone has been bloody horrible rather than if I think someone is doing something rather more open to interpretation. smile

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sat 15-Aug-09 15:59:33

Other half said the other day when I was reading out a really funny AIBU that the minuet a woman opens her mouth and says AIBU the answer is always yes grin

McSnail Sat 15-Aug-09 16:02:10

The AIBU forum is the first place I go to, even though I'm 40+4 weeks pregnant and should REALLY be perusing the childbirth forum...

Have to say though - if an AIBU thread is really really lobg I don't bother clicking on it. Wonder why?

Morloth Sat 15-Aug-09 17:57:37

I love the squabbling, both the watching and the partaking and will admit to ever so slightly trollish behaviour in poking people sometimes to watch them go off grin.

scottishmummy Sat 15-Aug-09 18:07:14

tbh most AIBU dont need any provocation just dont concur,and they have a hissy fit

CyradisTheSeer Sat 15-Aug-09 18:46:53

Message withdrawn

scottishmummy Sat 15-Aug-09 18:50:10

chavette?that is definitely a made up word.sounds like a cheap perfume chavette pour homme, pour femme,pour down bog

victoriascrumptious Sat 15-Aug-09 19:09:05

Sorry but I think the OP is bang out of order here. This is meant to be a supportive forum. People who come here purely for a ruck are really sick in the head and need to be banned for their destructive attitudes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now